Diarrhea

Davinia

Reaction score
Oh my Gosh :shock: I have just had the worst bout of dihorea I've ever had in my life........... feel a bit sick now too!!!!! is this normal?
Have been constipated up until yesterday when a bit lighter and looser (so sorry for TMI) but just been sat on the loo for 1/2 hr!!!!

I am slightly concerned, I did have a battered sausage and some chips last-night for tea and the sausage was a bit rough do you think it could have been that? it's over 24hrs though!! (serves me right, too bloody lazy to cook at the moment!!). :eek:

If it carries on I shall see my GP, I don't think it can harm the baby unless it's food poisoning or listeria, but I'm concerned.... it's not a sign of m/c is it???? I had upset tummy before you see.....
I guess it's just my hormones.............
Would like reassurance though...................

Thanks guys.

Love Davinia.xx

It might just be baby things working on your system but defo see the doc if you are still ill in a few days. I must admit to spending more than normal on the loo.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Davina,

I think it can be normal to have a bout, I did when i first found out and it caught me unawares at work :shock:

I was told it was a surge in hormones as my body was getting used to the changes in pregnancy.

it only happened once, thankfully and I am sure i was only 6 weeks ish when it happened.

Take care

Sarah x

Hi Davinia, you poor thing. I know what you are going through. It could of been the food that you ate and you are more prone to worrying like myself. I bought some microwave chicken from marks and spencers and ate that and I had bad diarrhea too and stomach pains about 4 days ago, I thought surely marks and spencers food would not of made me feel that way and I was up all night clutching my stomach with the pains.
Today I have had ovarian pain on the left and it is really sore too. I am quite worried as I also get terrific pain right across my stomach like when you have a bad contraction, it terrifies me. Im not sure if it is my bowels because like you said I was constipated and now its runny and today mine had water in it, really odd. I keep telling myself that I must prepare for another miscarriage because that is what it is feeling like to me.
I have no bleeding, just normal white discharge but my stomach has swollen.
Its horrid isnt it Davinia, I dont know what to think anymore, I feel like giving up. Im on my own too and it makes it more difficult for me.
Its like I want to go toilet all the time but theres nothing there.
Sorry to go on, was going to ask in my own thread but noticed yours.
Are you still worried....and are you going to the doctors?
I suppose with anything that worries us we should go to the docs, but as i see it they dont know much about pregnant women and symptons, they may send you to the hospital.
Let me know how you are Davinia. Tex me if you like if you hear anything different. my number is 07906298851.
All my love Jacqui. x x x x

Thanks for the replies..... my tummy has settled down now............

Jacqui, It's so awful isn't it? I'm looking out for the slightest symptom that I think may not be normal and I am automatically thinking the worst!!
Anyway I have had a look on a couple of websites (I think you might find Useful): www.ivillage.co.uk & www.babycentre.co.uk. and It says that you can have diahrea when you get a surge in hormones in pregnancy, it's the progesterone, apparently, (whether this is good or bad I'm not sure, but I thought your progesterone had to be good in early pregnancy for it to be viable. So fingers crossed!..................................)

I have my scan Thursday, so will find out if everything is o.k I'm very worried, I keep thinking maybe I'm not pregnant...........

I'm very emotional today, keep bawling it!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry you are on your own, have things not been working out with DH? I have been thinking of you hun, I really hope things work out for us this time, would'nt it be nice to be on the same ward next August! could you imagine it!! lol...... I have a little feeling all will be o.k for us this time..... I do think of you babe...........
I've taken your number down, so will text you soon.
((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas.
Lots of Love
Davinia.XX

Thanks Davinia, you know your tex brought tears to my eyes. It would be wonderful to see you on the ward next August. I am so glad things have settled down for you and thankyou for the websites, Im always searching for something on them.
Things with my OH will not work out. I just dont want him back, after all he has done to me. My children are better off with me. I am a good mother and all the kids think Im a funny person. I am more relaxed and I can do things on my own without him there telling me I am worthless.
I will never get over what he did to me, we are still friends but he wont accept that I have made my mind up. I even imagined him in bed with someone else and it didnt even bother me, so it just tells me that I am not missing him at all.

I do hope and pray all will go well for us both, you know I have a funny feeling that it will. We are going to carry to full term.
I am so happy for you and your DH.
Have a lovely day tomorrow. You know I bought quite a bit of alcohol including my favourite malibu, now I cant even touch it. It will all be worth it in the end hun, wont it?
Speak soon, All my love Jacqui. x x x x

Ohh Jacqui I'm so sorry for you hun, I did'nt realise it was that bad with your OH!!!! It sure will be a tough time for you, you are very brave! I bet you are a good Mum, your kids are lucky to have you, and you them.

Do you know what I bought some alcohol too & I could crave a bacardi and coke or a malibu and coke right now, You know I think it's psychological because i'm not really a drinker but I think because you know you can't have it, it makes you want it more!!! Like you said it will be well worth it in the end. Thank you for replying to my text, it's nice to know that you are there if I need a quick chat. :D

My mate had her 2nd child today 2am thismorning!!! (lucky bitch) he was 9lb 1oz!!
That will be us soon........ I hope! :wink:

You know I'm feeling really ratty now I'm being such a bitch I think I've put DH in a bad mood!!!!!!!!! HORMONES!!!!! :twisted: (Gosh I'm saying that excuse for EVERYTHING!!!!)lol...

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow with your children, they will keep you occupied, I can't wait for a few years when bubba is here it will make Christmas worth while, rather than spending it on our own....

Take care, thinking of you.
Love Davinia.XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back