Diabetes

Journey1

Reaction score
Help me out ladies please!!!!

I have always had a sweet tooth, munching through 3 choc bars and sweets a day would be no issue never mind cakes! Ha!

I don't have diabetes and nobody in my family or oh's does, except my old nanny from age.

However my oh has passed comment that I could make our babay diabetic with all my sugar intake, is this true?

I've always been slim and fit, size eight but just really lucky with what I eat doesn't show and this is still the case in pregnancy. I just have a neat bump. I eat veg and fruit too and have a fairly balanced diet with 3 main meals.

Should I stop my sweet intake???

oooh i never even thought of this, ive ben eating crap recently too x

I dont think that would happen hun...Diabetes is all to do with your insulin production.. a normal person should be able to regulate their insulin production to deal with dugar..it's when the pancreas stops producing as much insulin as it should that the diabetes comes on.

Type 1 is where you dont produce ANY insulin at all whereas type 2 would be developed over a number of years as your body slowly stops producing enough. Someone feel free to correct me though as this is what I learned when I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.

Wha you MIGHT and Im not saying you will, but MIGHT find is that later on in pregnancy your body will find it harder to produce the insulin you need to break down the sugar in the chocolate you are eating!

I had GD controlled by insulin and Im borderline type 2 :( xx

Jaxx01 thank you sooo much, I have no idea about this condition and sorry to hear that you are living with it. Your comments have been really helpful :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back