DH not bothered.

charlene09

Reaction score
I don't know if it is just me being a hormonal cow or whether it's him being an idiot...
This is our first baby girl and obviously after 2 boys I am going to be excited to buy pink clothes.
Anyhow, my friend has just given me a load of NB clothes and 0-3m. Literally as soon as I got them I threw them all in the washing machine. The thing I'm annoyed about as just as I was about to put them on the maiden I asked DH to look to which he replied "i can't be bothered, you don't have to show me every single item of clothing obviously I will see them eventually when she has them on"

Am I being touchy or is that harsh?

My husband is the same. I'm pregnant with number 4 and when I say baby is kicking he'll say something like 'well you are pregnant'!! When I show him clothes I've bought for baby he looks at me like what do you want me to say about that!! I know he means no harm by it though, he's just very different to me, has been like this with all my pregnancies. I don't let it annoy me, and when it comes to me being unwell or anything he can't do enough for me.

Wow how lovely a little girl after 2 boys I'm sure you're over the moon 😊 I'm having my 3rd boy I've 1 daughter too. I'm sure you can't wait xx

It is a bit harsh but probably typical of what most men would think (although not necessarily say). If he's interested otherwise I'd let it go x

My DH would be exactly the same! When we had the scan last week I was so excited about telling everyone who didn't know and he still hasn't told his mates! X

Sorry my OH is different he loves touching belly when she kicks and looking at clothes. This is out first tho and obviously we are both excited.
Have you tried telling him how you feel? I would be annoyed if I thought he wasn't that bothered.

Without meaning to sound sexist, I think these are very manly traits! The fact it is your third, and you're having a girl, well it doesn't surprise me that he's not very interested.
Once buba comes, and he sees her cute little face I'm sure that'll all change and he'll go all soft :')

No I haven't told him how I feel because I can't be bothered going on one at me.
I just thought he'd be interested with it being our first daughter.
Maybe not.. :(

My DH is the same and this is only our second baby. He does have kids from previous relationship. Hi don't think it's a big deal for him, he was similar first pregnancy but when she was born he was besotted, and the best daddy ever. Try not to worry. X

My oh adores our little girl but even now he couldn't care less what she's dressed in (we've had a few fashion faux pas when he's dressed her, eg leggings with a frilly bum put on backwards) and certainly didn't look at clothes when I was pregnant. Really not a mans thing I think. He was excited though and liked feeling my bump he just wasn't interested in the material things

My husband doesn't care about clothes and stuff either. It's like shepherdess tells: when I'm not home to dress our son, I need to put his clothes ready or it'll be a disaster. Once he even forgot his underwear! Luckily he still wears nappies, but still :p as long as he's interested in the child, I wouldn't worry about it. Clothes and men just don't go well together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back