Devesated MMC, when can I start trying again?

Helven

Reaction score
Sadly, after what was amazing news ttc for 5 years getting my BFP, I have had a MMC and yesterday had a D&C. Myself and my husband are devastated and will start ttc again as soon as we can.

I had no bleeding, just a bad pain on my right side, I went to the Dr's and she sent me to EPU to rule out ectopic. I was convinced that all was ok, but was knocked sideways when she said at first that she could see a sac but no baby, then she said she could see a baby but it was way too small. We were told to come back in a week, so on Wednesday this week we had a second scan and was told that the baby had been absorbed back into the body and there was just the sac. Yesterday I had a D&C and I am at home resting.

What would your advise be for trying again? X

As soon as you feel emotionally ready Hun :( so sorry this happened. There's a chance that you could be very fertile at the moment, but if you don't feel ready, just wait.

Thank you. I did wonder if I would be more fertile than normal, do I need to wait till I have had my next cycle? Or just when the bleeding from the operation has gone? X

So sorry for your loss. You don't have to wait until after the first AF, just start when you feel ready xx

I am sorry for your loss hon, it is so heartbreaking.

As Robyner said, you start again when you feel ready too and you are likely to be more fertile now but do it all in your own time.

I personally waited this time until my period, which came today (4 weeks after my D&C) so will be trying for a June BFP in a week or so.

I hope when you do fall again, it is with a very sticky bean xxx

as soon as you like hon........and yes you are very fertile after.....good luck sweetheart xxx

Again so sorry hon, I remember being so happy for you and you got your bfp just after me. Keeping everything crossed for you x x

Some people advise waiting until after an a/f as its easier to date your pregnancy, but that's not all that important in the grand scheme of things. Others might advise giving your body a break or say to wait due to emotional well being, but if you feel ready, there's no danger to actively try when you feel physically and mentally up to it. I conceived straight after a loss, so did my sil and a mw I spoke to, also a few people on here.

Oh Im am gutted to read this honey I truely am!! Im so sorry, life is just so bloody cruel at times. Take care of you and your oh and try when your ready!!! Xxxx

Thank you so much ladies, reading your messages has made me cry! I am going to start trying as soon as I am not in pain or bleeding anymore. It took me 5 years to get pregnant this time so if my chances are increased at the moment, I am going to start trying as soon as possible! Emotionally I am up and down but I know I want this more than anything xxx

I think you are doing the right thing, all the very best for you Hun xxx

Truly truly gutted for you hunny was so sad reading this. Personally I would start trying again as soon as possible if its true that your more fertile now then no point in waiting as long as you feel ready in yourself xx

So sorry to have seen this happen to you. All my extensive research on this in the past, and the advice from the recurrent mc clinic was there is no risk from trying again straight away but they like you to wait for a period so that you can work out dates if you get pg again quickly. I trusted my body to know when the time was right again.

So sorry for your loss... I agree it's when you feel ready. Lots of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back