Developing Allergy in Pregnancy

YorksLass

Reaction score
Hey folks, just intrigued to know...
Since tri 2, I seem to have developed rashes on my neck and nose, which have worsened into tri 3. The only thing I can assume is that it's a reaction to my jewellery - I always wear a silver chain and silver nose ring and have never had any problems specifically with those in the past (they're cheap, so I'm going to guess it might be a nickel allergy). Has anybody else come across this as a pregnancy side effect? It's taken a long time for the penny to drop lol - I have eczema anyway, so just assumed it was that. I've finally left my necklace off this week! I'm leaving the nose ring in for now so the piercing doesn't heal, but if it gets worse, I'll have to find something to exchange it with...

Does anybody know if this will clear up after pregnancy? Also, does this somehow mean the LO will have that allergy?

Cheers!

Hey!

My mum had this problem when she was pregnant with me. She could only wear gold whilst pregnant, and ever since every other metal has irritated her skin! So shes stuck with gold :D and its all my fault apparently lol!

Skin tends to be more sensitive doesn't it I believe in pregnancy so I am going for your skin's heightened sensitivity.

I too suffer with eczema and I cant belive how dry and itchy my skin has become over the last few weeks :( Nothing appears to be helping it either xx

During my first pregnancy I put on a pair of old PJs one night (dug out of the bottom of the wardrobe) and almost instantly came out in a massive, intensely itchy rash that took a few weeks and lots of different anti-itch creams and discussions with pharmacists to ease. It was horrid! We believe the PJs had been last washed in a biological washing powder, which we had subsequently stopped using as my skin reacted to it; but apparently being pregnant made that sensitivity much, much worse. I don't know if I would still be so sensitive as we haven't used bio since but hopefully as you weren't already sensitive it won't last beyond pregnancy.

Yes, this has happened to me too! Skin allergies to hair removal creams!

I've developed an allergy to cat hair and dust! I'm non stop sneezing constantly :-(

Thanks for the responses - damn, I hope it clears up. I don't suit gold lol
It's weird - 1st half of the pregnancy, my eczema actually improved and my skin looked great! Tri 3, it's all gone downhill though ahahah ;)

Just think Yorkslass, youve only got 8 more weeks of it hopefully! Exciting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back