Detected Throid Issue

Cariad Bach

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Well after ttc for two years now, having laparoscopy, and day 21 tests etc, hubby checked and all reported as clear doctor has now picked up on something with my thyroid. I only had bloods taken last Wednesday as I went to see him as my blood pressure always seems low and has been making me feel rather weak and tired rather lately and I had noticed I'd put weight on (about a stone over a year) and I put this down to me feeling tired and low, thinking my body needs a caffeine and sugar fix, having something with my afternoon tea in work and therefore this was why I had put weight on! Because of me confusing low blood sugars with what I then realised was actually low blood pressure.

I go to see the doctor tomorrow, so I'm not sure what they've found yet - I'm presuming its underactive thyroid as those symptoms seem to match what I've been feeling. At least I feel like they have found the cause of why I haven't been able to conceive! Well I pray that this is why and with some treatment this will help my achieve my pregnancy.

Does anyone know much about this condition? (I know I ovulate, and have good follicles).

X

I have hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) and currently taking 75mg daily of levothyroxin. It's massively helped my energy levels. It's also helped me lose weight. I've had periods for the past 4 months which is good as I also suffer pcos (polycystic ovary syndrome). They will start you off low meds and then check bloods after 6 weeks to 3 months. And increase meds if needs be. You will need yearly bloods to chek levels. Also you would be monitored closer when you do fall preg as thyroid plays major part in first 12 weeks of growth in feotus.xxx

I got diagnosed after had my son. I didn't have it when I conceived.xx

Thanks Lulabell. I'm wondering if this could be the cause that I haven't fallen pregnant yet as it effects hormone levels? I have had a period every month since coming off the pill 2 years ago but they haven't settled into a regular pattern yet, they have ranged anything from 28 days right up to 45! More recently though they have been 29-34/35 days.

Do either of you get aches and pains in your body all over too during ovulation and just before your period? I get very uncomfortable and just put it down to inflammation pain.

I get aches and pains a lot. No real pattern. Your cycles sound similar to mine. They have gradually been getting shorter. Last one was 24 days. I'm currently ttc baby number 2 and I do worry that having thyroid and pcos issues it won't happen straight away.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back