Desperate

twixi

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm gutted to be here found out I had a MMC on fri, I was 11+3 they think the baby died a few weeks before.
I'd had some spotting so went for a scan , I'd also had a scan at 6+3 and baby had a heart beat then.
I've decided on medical management and had the first pill yesterday and tomorrow I go in for pessary.
Does anyone know how long these drugs stay in your system and if it's safe to ttc after bleeding stops or should I wait for a proper period?
Thank you x

I had a natural mc so dont have any advice re the medical management but I just wanted to say sorry for your los! Xxx

I had medical management. I took the first tablets 4th April and started the pessary and tablet routine 6th April. I ovulated 20 days later despite still having positive hpt. My first AF followed 14 days after that.
I was told it was fine to start trying right away but best to wait until my first AF for dating purposes.
Sorry you're having to go through this xx

Hi I'm so sorry for ur loss , ur story is identical to mine more or less heartbeat at 6+4 then at 10 weeks told baby had died 2 weeks previous , I went fir Erpc as I had medical managed yr before with my first loss and it didn't work , u can FTC wen ur ready once bleeding has stopped xxxx

Thanks very much for your replies, I'm really eager to start ASAP, just scared it may cause another one if I try too soon.
Sorry for your losses hope you have happy healthy pregnancies in the future, or now, I can't see tickers xxx

Twixi u could start a journal on here it saved my life the girls were there for me all the way n it was gd to getnitmall down from my head :) .. Hugs xx

sorry ur goin through this iv had 2 erpc but i think its fine to try once bleeding stops u could ask when u go back tommorow. hope its over soon so u can try an move on in a way. xx

an thanks scn for sayin you can ov with hcg in your system i got snidey comments on here when i thought i may have oved with low levels x

I'm sorry for your loss hon!! I've had 6 ERPC's and one natural mc so I can't comment!! I know you want to try again soon as I do but I am personally going to wait until after my 1st af so that I can date my pregnancy!!

I am thinking of you hon, take care!! X

sorry ur goin through this iv had 2 erpc but i think its fine to try once bleeding stops u could ask when u go back tommorow. hope its over soon so u can try an move on in a way. xx

an thanks scn for sayin you can ov with hcg in your system i got snidey comments on here when i thought i may have oved with low levels x

I still had a faint positive the day before first AF came!! I haven't tested again xx

Sorry you're having to go through this hun. At my hospital you only go in once and take 4 tablets on the same day but this doesn't seem typical as most ladies seem to go to
hospital twic. The bleeding started whilst I was still at the hospital but I lost most of the tissue within a couple of days (sorry tmi). There was then a gap of about a week and I then lost a lot more. Not sure if that was the placenta. My baby on measured 6 weeks when I should have been 9 and there was no heartbeat. I was told to get in touch again if I was still getting bfp after 3 weeks and advised not to ttc until after 1 period. This arrived 6 weeks later and I went with their advice. 4 months later I got another bfp and still here at 14+ weeks. Hope this helps and good luck. xxx

Last edited:
Well that's me back home it was all very quick, I'm thankful for that, they didn't see the actual baby in what I passed, but apparently they shrink fast, sorry that sounds horrible but that's how they explained it. Everything else came away though. I'm so down but the nurse did say I don't need to wait for my period before I try again for any medical reason, so I'm going to try and focus on that.
This forum has been such a help and support to me and I'm very thankful for all the advice and kind words xxx

Glad it was quick for you hun xx take care and good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back