Desperate to start buying!!

merlin

Reaction score
I have driven past my favourite independent baby shop half a dozen times over the last 2 weeks, I am desperate to go in and buy! It is quite expensive but have been and bought things as gifts before now I can buy for myself!
I am only 14 weeks, it doesn't seem sensible to start purchasing, and we want find out at 20 week scan what we are having so might be sensible to buy then. Advice should I wait or are there things I could get now!?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Gosh I didn't buy anything until last week lol! Now im in a panic at how last minute ive left it!

I don't see any harm at 14 weeks to pop in and buy a little something, or even just to look! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

We went and bought one small unisex outfit, we went to H&M baby and it was quite good :)
I was still in panic mode at 14 weeks, so hubby persuaded me that I needed to buy SOMETHING to keep me sane.
An outfit, or bibs or scratch mits or something would be good :)

Thank you girls, would love to have something sitting in the spare room, soon to be nursery, sounds silly I know. Might go and visit Lilly and Jacks today!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I bought a unisex outfit at about 15, 16 weeks for my hospital bag. Apart from that I didn't buy anything at all until last weekend when I bought half of babies r us and mother care lol. I am staying team yellow and find it quite easy to find lovely little unisex things out there :) xx

I am thinking my little one is going to look good in green, there is a very good chance that we are going to be having offspring with ginger tones! My dh was a proper ginge when he was a boy and his daughters nickname is gingervieve ( her name is Genevieve)! Oh and my daughter has red in her hair, so it is inevitable!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I've bought lots already! Saving clothes a d gender type things til we know what we're having :) otherwise bough stuff that's unisex! (No clothes yet)
I'm the kind of person that has to be done early ish so I'm not panicking at the last minute.. I ideally want to get it all sorted by the end of 2nd trimester cause then can relax in the last one :)

X

Last edited:
I have started buying bits already got nursery decorations and stuff so its all matching. Going to order the nursery furniture after my 20 week scan. Im like Holly1991 like to be prepared and would love to have everything ready before i get too big lol must be a Holly thing :) plus im impatience and am so eager to buy bits, its just too tempting!

Bring on Monday and im gonna start buying little things..got my gender scan! ;) xxx

I don't believe in not buying things because its bad luck, if you want a little outfit you go get one :D
I bought a few unisex after my 12 week scan and kept picking them up looking at them. Xx

I've started buying little bits! It's too exciting not too!xx

I didnt buy anything untill i found out whay i was havjng ag 16 weeks but my mum bout me 2 unisex outfits at about 8 weeks xx

If your finding out gender at 20 weeks but want to shop start buying the practical bits or bits for your bag to keep you excited, and you need to do lots of retail window shopping anyway to help you know exactly what you do and dont want buy 20 weeks anyway!!

I started with nappies, wipes, sockons, oooh that reminds me must find some bold and exciting coloured muslins! (Team yellow!)

Enjoy baby shopping

I know its quite early at the moment..but can anyone give me a list of things i need for the hospital. Its something to keep me occupied ;) ;) i need things to do now..im already getting fed up haha xxx

I don't know, I am a tip of a person who needs to be prepared and not wait until the last moment. But of course, you have still time to make your purchases, so don't panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back