Desperate for pain relief advice!! :(

Faraway11

Reaction score
Hello ladies, for months on end ive been dealing with CHRONIC period pain, and i mean rolling round in agony crying my eyes out. the pain goes down my legs too its excruciating sometimes. i get 1-2 of these episodes every period and any other time im in dull pain. I'm in pain having sex, and also when im on it hurts up my bottom to sit down or if i move to fast etc. I was refferred to have a scan, was found to have a bicornuate uterus, my right ovary is polycystic but i do not have PCOS. Im waiting on a laparoscopy to see if i have endometriosis. I'm about to start my period and am very upset because i know it's coming and im working all weekend! Is there anything i can do to relieve the pain in the mean time? i try hot water bottles and ibuprofen which do help but i cant really walk round work holding a hot water bottle to my stomach as my job is care assistant so i am always doing something. i really don't know how much longer i can take of this. any ideas? x

Oh wow this must be absolutely awful.
Are you TTC?
i got put on the pill at the age of 17 as my periods were so bad - i use to faint where i lost so much blood and got really bad pains. The pill helped me so much.
I tend to use paracetamol and ibuprofen and alternate between the pair every 2 hours if i need them.
Hope you get the help you need to reduce the pain.x

I'm not actively ttc, me and partner are going with the flow and just seeing when it happens as charting etc is so stressful for me and stress won't help with getting preg. i was on the pill last year and came off it as i wanted to try and become pregnant :( That's just not happening for me..

Arrrr i see!
going back on the pill then is a no go if your TTC.
I really help the tests can diagnose you so atleast they can hopefully prescribe you with tablets that are going to help.
Wishing you lots of luck x

Hello ladies, for months on end ive been dealing with CHRONIC period pain, and i mean rolling round in agony crying my eyes out. the pain goes down my legs too its excruciating sometimes. i get 1-2 of these episodes every period and any other time im in dull pain. I'm in pain having sex, and also when im on it hurts up my bottom to sit down or if i move to fast etc. I was refferred to have a scan, was found to have a bicornuate uterus, my right ovary is polycystic but i do not have PCOS. Im waiting on a laparoscopy to see if i have endometriosis. I'm about to start my period and am very upset because i know it's coming and im working all weekend! Is there anything i can do to relieve the pain in the mean time? i try hot water bottles and ibuprofen which do help but i cant really walk round work holding a hot water bottle to my stomach as my job is care assistant so i am always doing something. i really don't know how much longer i can take of this. any ideas? x

Ask the GP about tranexamic acid (txa). It can be presided at low level to take during your period to help with clotting and that may help with the pain. I've been scanned, have a fibroid and a cyst. I thought I may have endometriosis but at the moment the Txa helps with the bleeding and that helps with the pain. Maybe ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back