Desperate for labour

Alleig

Reaction score
I'm absolutely desperate for labour to begin. I'm 12 (nearly 13) days overdue, having stretch and sweeps every day this week and we're sadly waiting for news on my husband's seriously ill grandfather who will probably not live to see baby. We're not expecting he will, but I feel terrible that I'm so late. I'm just not sure what emotion to feel actually. Frustrated, sad, excited, irritated... they're all mixed in together and no one feeling seems right or appropriate. I've never felt so helpless in my life. To cap it all, an induction I'm told in my position is likely to be very uncomfortable and I'm starting to dread that process if it happens. I've also just realised I've forgotten to send birthday and anniversary greetings to my grandparents today. That's not entirely honest actually. I was aware of it but didn't because of mixed feelings about my own family at the moment who have not been supportive in a major crisis I've been going through the last few months but the past few days kind of turfed any good intentions out of my mind with the distraction.

I'm just miserable with this. Everything's wrong and I'm just completely powerless to change anything.

So sorry to hear you're in this limbo time. I know it must be very difficult but you can at max only be a few days away from delivering and then you will have your baby in your arms for always. X thats little peace at the moment but try to relax a little. Post the cards today if u want too, no one will care they are late at this current hectic time in your life. Take care of yourself xx

oh no :( can't imagine how frustrated you must be feeling... fingers crossed the sweeps work for you and you dont need to be induced... baby must be very comfy inside you!!

As for your relatives - cards are pointless things anyway and with whats going on with you at the moment you can be excused from sending them!!

Really sorry to hear about your OH's grandad, very sad timing :(

big hugs xxxx

Hopefully not long for you, im so sorry about your husbands grandad but dont be down if baby doesnt arrive before he goes sometimes one door has to close before another one opens. When my grandad died I had a miscarriage the next day and I was devastated but now I like to think he had a wee friend go with him and now he can watch me and this new little one all the time. Out of all the sadness your new little baby will bring so much joy and help to heal the broken hearts xo

Oh hun u must really feel like everything is just too much right now...i really feel for you. The cards, i wouldnt even worry about at all. The people around you should be able to understand that its all a bit too much at the moment. Really hope the sweeps work for you, but if not and you have to go in for an induction, dont stress about it too much, labour will be painful either way and at least you get your beautiful little baby in the end. Big hugs xxx

Thanks everyone. I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Still am. Still no baby. Am now 14 days overdue. Didn't help that I got a push notification this morning from an app I downloaded telling me my baby is now 2 weeks old! I'm probably going to be induced today. I had another sweep yesterday that showed that things had developed since the last one but... still no baby. This means a hormonal induction probably so baby might be here by the end of the day. So much for a home birth though.

Still fed up. I feel like my body has let me down. I have a feeling things wouldn't ever start on their own. Everything is in the right place, has been for weeks in fact. My midwife even thought I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks as the baby's head engaged so early and the baby's growth reached 39 centimetres at 37 weeks. For the past two weeks I've been told that I'm favourable for labour and yet nothing happened. Braxton Hicks contractions were so frequent a few weeks ago I was sure labour was imminent, but even those have stopped now. The occasional one I get doesn't hurt either so labour just seems like an alien concept, something that happens to other people.

Argh, this has to happen today. I can't take it anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I know it's not ideal to be induced, especially since you wanted a home birth but whatever happens, just think you will more than likely have your baby in your arms by this time tomorrow morning. You've done the hard bit by waiting all this time. I think the induction process will be plain sailing for you if your cervix is favourable etc so don't worry about that.
Get the cards in the post today if it makes you feel better but I'm sure your family will understand. Maybe give them a call instead??
Good luck! We'll all be looking out for your birth announcement very very soon! :)

Hun your body hasnt let you down and at some point it would start on its own but its safer just to get baby out sooner, you know if any of us had said that youd be telling us thd same thing, good luck with the induction we look forward to hearing your news soon x

Good luck with induction hun, you will have ur baby in your arms before you know it. keep us posted xxxx

I know how you feel, my grandmas only got a couple of weeks, well she could go at any time now so I'm so hoping baby comes soon as I'm so close to my grandma and she said it would be nice if she got to meet the baby before she goes! I hope everything hurries along for you! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back