Depo injection....spotting

twinkle90

Reaction score
Is it normal to have spotting on the Depo?? Been on it for about 6 months now. Bled when I first had it. Then it stopped for ages. I've just had spotting over the course of 2 days. Not heavy at all. Almost like what I can describe as implantation bleeding (had it in both pregnancies). Normal? X

It can be completely normal. When I was on the depo I would go months and months with no period and then would have some spotting or even a very light period - then months again with no period at all.

If you are worried you might be pregnant you could always do a test in a few days just to be sure though, although it's very unlikely that you are there are the odd cases of people falling pregnant on any contraception. I'm sure it's nothing though and just a normal symptom of the injection

Ok hun. Thank you. Just confusing because some have said it's not normal to bleed on Depo. Then some say it happens. It's stopped now. So that's why I asked. As implantation does the same.

It can be very confusing, especially as everyone experiences it differently - so everyone will be telling you a different version of what is and isn't normal. You'll get used to what is normal for you after a while of being on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back