Depo for 6 years. Decided to stop and try.. Scared

Koo1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here.
I have been on the depo for 6 years and have now been married 6 months. We have decided its time to come off the depo, it's next due on 21 March but I am not going to have it done. I have to say I'm a little scared and dont really know what to expect. I know that sounds daft.
Advice is welcome.
Thanks x

Hey and welcome :)

Try not to be scared this is an exciting time for you! The best advise I can give is to relax and just enjoy TTC!

Best of luck xxxx

Thank you. I have read it can take time after the depo I just don't known at to expect x

Hi, welcome

I'm waiting to try after coming off the depo as well, my last shot was due in October (I had only had 2 shots of it) but I still haven't ovulated yet. I'm hoping I'll be back on track over the next couple of months, we're going to be careful over March and April as we're away over Christmas so don't want to be due Dec/Jan time. Hoping that by May my body will be ready for us to start trying.

I have been on the depo before, for 4 or 5 years and that time it took me 9 months for it to come out of my system. It's looking likely that it will be the same this time round. Although it is different for everyone and each time. My sister was on it twice, first time it took a year for her periods to return, the next time only a couple of months.

Good luck I hope you aren't waiting for too long

Thank you for your reply.
I was on it 4 years before and came off for 2 but can't remember how long it took for me to start my periods again but I do remember being on it for 3 weeks solid which wasn't plesant. Got the nurse ringing me next week so I will see what she thinks.
Hope all goes well with you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back