Delivery..

twinkle90

Reaction score
Do things like weight etc have an effect on delivery at labour? Ive heard that women struggle to give birth naturally when overweight and are advised another way like c-section etc xxx

I was very over weight when I delivered my daughter. 19 st in fact and other than being late and getting induced my labour and delivery was pretty straight forward just long lol. No problems when actually pushing ect which is when they say problems can happen for some. Consultant today was happy I'd be able to do it again. When your overweight they just have to tell you all the risks. Just incase x

I had a consultant apt a couple of weeks ago as have a high BMI (35), I'm 5'4 and a size 18, about 95kg so definitely overweight. =\ she said that weight can have an impact on labour and some women end up with a c-sec but that she wasn't concerned. I think its more precautionary that they tell you as she seems I fased by me saying I'd rather do it naturally. She said she had no worries for me so I'm sure you'll be fine hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back