Deflated after 16 week appointment

MrsHop

Reaction score
I've just got back from my 16 week appointment and feel really deflated!

I thought they'd use a doppler and the midwife told me there was no need, no need for any measurements and didn't even feel my stomach. She just tested my urine and sent me on my way. Is this normal?

I had mine on Tuesday and she basically ran through my blood results, had a quick listen with doppler, tested urine, blood pressure and that was it. I dont think they do too much so dont feel too deflated x

Completley normal, sone midwifes use doppler some dont, mine didnt listen till 25weeks and wont measure bump until 28 weeks, so dont worry, i remember coming away feeling same after my 16 week appointment every area is differentx

Mine didn't listen to HB until appt at 22 weeks x

I had my 16 wk appt with consultant instead of midwife & she just tested urine & took blood pressure that's all. Felt a bit disappointed too! Had another check up on Monday & she used Doppler & measured me so found it much better....& she booked me 3 more growth scans too so as well as my 4d scan next week I get to see lo at least 4 more times in the next 15 weeks! Yay!x

Well that's a nice turnaround for you Rachel!

Glad I'm not the only one who felt like that, I was just expecting more!

Mine used a Doppler, but I know this doesn't happen everywhere, think it depends on area. She didn't measure me - just tested urine and blood pressure.

She did ask if i wanted her to try and find hb which with did manage after a while, but i thought she was about to give up!

Checked urine, stuck bloods results in notes , no blood pressure or tum feeling done and next appoint for me to make is at 28 weeks!!! Always such a huge gap in care unless your a first timer, always amazes me, dont worry they will prob feel tummy next time

That's worrying, I am a first timer! Lol

I just find it worrying that I don't feel I've been treated like I'm pregnant if that makes any sense?

HB was checked at 24wk appointment for me hun.
Same for when my bump was measured for the 1st time aswell.

And tbh thats pretty much all thatll happen in ur future appointments.
They are rather boring lol!! Xx

In a selfish way, I'm glad this thread has been made as I have my 16 week appt and I've been worrying as to what will happen, but I'm glad people have posted their varying experiences.
I've not even met my actual midwife yet, she was off sick at my 8 week appt.

Sorry to those that have had sh***y experiences though :)

The positive way to look at it is if not much happens and is boring then all is well and that's a good thing :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back