"Decorating" a rented flat for baby?

Msclaireypants

Reaction score
Hi Girls, we are going to be moving in to a new rented flat next month and the room that will be the baby's room (and my 6 year old step-son's) has white walls and a light brown carpet. We are not allowed to re-deocorate obviously so I wondered what we could do to make it more like a kids room?

Can you get wall transfers/stickers that don't leave marks? A nice kiddy rug obviously would be nice too.

I'm not sure yet if we're allowed to hang pictures.

Thanks ladies!

We got some lovely rugs curtains and lampshades to match and that really made a difference to the room ! Also I found transfers in Ikea that just peeled off nicely :)

As for hanging pics , wee tub of poly filler and a tester pot of paint and you can cover any marks left by hanging pictures :)

That's a shame, I own a rental property I'm fine with paint as long as they inform me first!

try wall art stickers & colourful accessories, I agree ikea have great bits, also I'm a huge fan of bunting even bright colours. We are renovating a house so pointless painting I have just got curtains, rugs, lampshades, bunting & toy tidy from ikea and getting wall stickers from eBay.

I'm sure it will look lovely when finished!xx

We own our house but we are still not planning on doing anything drastic as baby will soon grow up and we'll end up re-decorating many times im sure. I plan on getting a wall sticker from ebay, we have one for our guest room and they are really easy to stick on and peel off. We are having wooden floor in the babies room so are going to put a big rug down. I work in lettings and Im sure if you ask your Landlord they dont usually mind if you paint a wall, as long as you put it back how it was when you do eventually move.

We'll be moving to a new rented place too and i know we won't be able to decorate (paint the walls etc). :( When I worked for Disney we used to buy in wall stickers that were easily peel-able, and they vary in sizes, can get quite big ones so they could cover a white wall :)

We rent privately and are allowed to decorate how we want to. Landlord knows we treat the house like its our own and want something we can be proud to bring friends in to. For baby's room we just painted it lemon and got wall stickers off eBay to match curtains which we got in ikea. The stickers were easy to put on.

For wall stickers etc check with the landlord first. We're not allowed to put anything on the walls at all!

Curtains, rugs and colourful storage tubs etc will help brighten the room up and kiddiefy it a bit :)

We are allowed to put things up as long as you make it right when you move out. My husband is a builder and recommends finding out the name of the paint on the walls so when you do come to cover it up, you are doing it with the right colour as there are so many shades of white! That way you won't have to repaint the whole room! :)

We are allowed to put things up as long as you make it right when you move out. My husband is a builder and recommends finding out the name of the paint on the walls so when you do come to cover it up, you are doing it with the right colour as there are so many shades of white! That way you won't have to repaint the whole room! :)

If you ask for the name of the paint, then they will know you have re-painted so may end up in trouble.

We rent but have been allowed to paint, we just painted the room yellow, so its unisex :)

Lots of accessories, curtains, rug, lightshades, bunting, framed pics x

Yes I know that but we are allowed to put things up. I was suggesting maybe asking them and saying you would 'make good' when you moved out and would need the exact colour of the paint. I think this is a handy tip. :)

How about some bunting around the top of the room? If you are into crafts, this would be very cheap and easy to do. If not, take a look on FB at some of the craft pages - some people make some amazing things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back