Decision to make

CoolNoMore

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been reading this forum for a while now, but have barely posted. Thanks for keeping me relatively sane!

We've been trying for seven long months, all very stressful due to work and house stuff. A lot of those issues are resolved and I'm looking forward to chilling out and improving our baby-making chances :D My sister has just announced that she's getting married on 1st July next year and I'm very excited, however some swift maths reveals that if I get knocked up in this cycle, I'll be bringing a five-week-old to the wedding (which will be an hour's flight from us). If it's next cycle, I'll be due pretty much on her wedding day.

I might actually be more excited about my sister's wedding than I was my own, and really don't want to miss it, but the idea of waiting any longer than necessary to conceive is really horrible, especially if there's something wrong (we're both fit and healthy, but I'm getting a bit paranoid now). DH isn't too bothered about missing the wedding and is as impatient as I am waiting for a sticky bean! So, any thoughts? Advice? Similar experiences? Any input welcome!

Hi, FX'd less stress will bring you that BFP! Do you do opks or anything like that so you know when you ovulate?

I am on my third cycle TTC#1 currently 2DPO.. Trying to not get stressed too, making a baby is so much harder then I realised!! lol

Good luck xx

Thanks, good luck to you too! Yes, I was really arrogant when we started in Jan - I was absolutely convinced that I was a superior human who would conceive instantly, if not before! I'm cringing now, knowing how little I knew.

Yes, I'm all over the OPKs, very useful. I'm using Ovia as well, which makes me laugh if nothing else. Today she told me "You had intercourse! Your fertile window is coming up, so it's great that you know what to do!"

What the hell, Ovia?!

Lol!! I use ovia too.. The little comments make me laugh too, I haven't seen that one! lol I was the same, I was convinced I would conceive straight away, technically I did! I had a very early MC on my first month TTC , seeing it as at least I'm hopefully capable of getting pregnant! xx

Equally, would you want to travel on a flight when 6, 7 or 8 months pregnant? You could delay living your whole life around other people :) My 2p would be to keep on trying and see what fate brings. (And not all babies are born at 40 weeks - mine was induced early at 38w). If you get your happy news then there may still be a way to make it work, even if it would be slightly awkward :) Good luck - my BFP took 3.5 years and a MMC so I know it's horrible when you clock up cycle after cycle of BFNs xxx

I had this same issue when deciding with my H when to try. Our situation meant we had to decide 6 months in advance of actually ttc due to medication. Flicking through calendars knowing my brothers wedding next autumn with a 'well i would be this pregnant/baby would be this old' if conceived on X month. We picked when we wanted thinking also it would be easy ttc and baby would be born before wedding rather than still pregnant. Except it isn't easy, and now i'm in the real cycles of ttc rather than wondering and deciding on a calendar. It's very different, his wedding isn't a part of my ttc, whether i'm pregnant or even better, child born before or very near the wedding day we made that decision and also know we'll do whatever we can to make it work with the wedding. Whether that's accommodation on site so can retire early, miss the getting ready in morning with bride etc. There'll be ways around it, and as Tinselcat said you could delay indefinitely for other people. Hope you find it easy to do what you feel best for you & OH.

If it were me, I would continue TTC because we know, it could still take many more cycles to get pregnant. I wouldnt want to consider missing out on on TTC when nothing is guaranteed. Whatever decision you will make will be the best one for your situation, good luck!

Thanks everyone!

You know when you ask for advice, but really you just want your decision validated?! Well, thank you for being on my side :D We'll keep on keeping on.

Thanks everyone!

You know when you ask for advice, but really you just want your decision validated?! Well, thank you for being on my side :D We'll keep on keeping on.

It can be difficult giving advice, it can feel unsolicited but we didnt start TTC due to work worries and I bitterly regret not starting sooner. I might have been pregnant now or had the baby already if only we had not put it off. I would feel ten times worse if I had postponed it for another person- as close as you may be your impending pregnancy will likely be at the forefront of your mind

Aw, I'm sorry Sparklegirl. I did something similar - I wanted to wait until I had a project out of the way before trying. I really don't give a flying crap about that project now! Ah well, we're here now and doing everything we can.

Good luck, good luck, and baby dust to all. I can't say it enough.

Aw, I'm sorry Sparklegirl. I did something similar - I wanted to wait until I had a project out of the way before trying. I really don't give a flying crap about that project now! Ah well, we're here now and doing everything we can.

Good luck, good luck, and baby dust to all. I can't say it enough.

Despite being very well qualified I really struggle to find a permanent job anywhere near where I live so jobs have always had to come first. Now I have decided that obviously a job is very important but not as important as having a family.

Must have been a fab project! Baby dust by the bucket load x

The only thing I am leaving is IVF. I qualify in 3yrs and have said I will wait for IVF until I am qualified and earning double. Doesn't mean I can't try other medication or anything. I think I would regret not starting now. We will blink and be years older in no time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back