December Mummies :-)

I’m glad it’s not just me then! I feel like I’m being melodramatic at times but I’m not am I?! Haha. My work colleague’s having twins and she went at 13+6 for her 12 week scan but twin 1 measured 14+1 so they couldn’t do the tests they needed to. It’s massively upset her (understandably!) they’ve done the quad blood test but said if she wants the proper in depth blood test it has to be sent to Italy and it’ll cost her £500!! Cheeky sods! It’s their fault she’s not had the tests done!! She would keep her babies no matter what but because she’s having twins she just wants to be prepared which I think is understandable x
Definitely not being melodramatic! I was having a bit of a panic because my scan is at 12+2 and I was worried that it doesn't give too much time to repeat if necessary.

I think most people just want to be prepared for whatever potential outcome could be. That's the only reason I want to do the combined screening.

Good luck for tomorrows scans @teachermummy and @kelson - sure all will be perfect. Mine is next Wed and if all ok will be telling our son and family /friends/work after that. Only immediate family know at the mo.

@Sjf0709 - hope booking appt goes well. I really hope you get a scan date or they even just do your scan tomorrow!

Lovely bump pictures!
I’m officially in tri 2 :) I want to cry, feeling very emotional that I’ve managed to carry my babies for 13 weeks so far and they’re perfect.
I’ve never had the screening tests done, I really considered it this time but decided that it was unnecessary worry. Me and my husband also don’t agree on what we would do as I personally would continue the pregnancy no matter what and that’s not something he would feel comfortable with if our baby was incompatible with life.
If they can’t do the screening Things will normally be picked up at the later screening. Both my babies had perfect Nuchal fold measurements so from what we’ve been told they would have been very low risk anyway. It was nice to have a sonographer that understand why I decided not to test.
Good luck for your scans I’ll be in both threads until you all move over. Which won’t be long at all ! Looking forward to scan pictures :)

Good luck for tomorrows scans @teachermummy and @kelson - sure all will be perfect. Mine is next Wed and if all ok will be telling our son and family /friends/work after that. Only immediate family know at the mo.

@Sjf0709 - hope booking appt goes well. I really hope you get a scan date or they even just do your scan tomorrow!
OMG I would love that! That would be the best surprise ever to have a scan tomorrow or even on Friday! X

Who else is still waiting for the 12 week scan? Seems so long away I have mine next Friday, so ready for it :) x
Hi I am waiting for mine to it's on the 10th June feels like a long way away x

Good luck everyone I’m sure everything will be fine

All good! I'll upload a pic later, sitting in the garden centre having brunch cos I was STARVING, I'd been too nervous to eat.
So it was the first time I'd been inthe actual ultrasound department since my mmc, I had a panic attack on arrival, poor hubby didn't know what to do, hyperventilating, big snotty tears. Didn't actually stop until after she said "see the heart beat" about 3 times! I was shaking so much she couldn't get a clear picture at first. I really didn't get to enjoy the rest of it, and I squeezed hubby's hand so hard I don't think he enjoyed it much either, too busy trying to reassure me. So I've booked a private scan for Tuesday just so we can go in and actually enjoy it.
Very glad today is over, still reeling from the emotions, and I can't stop looking at the picture!

All good! I'll upload a pic later, sitting in the garden centre having brunch cos I was STARVING, I'd been too nervous to eat.
So it was the first time I'd been inthe actual ultrasound department since my mmc, I had a panic attack on arrival, poor hubby didn't know what to do, hyperventilating, big snotty tears. Didn't actually stop until after she said "see the heart beat" about 3 times! I was shaking so much she couldn't get a clear picture at first. I really didn't get to enjoy the rest of it, and I squeezed hubby's hand so hard I don't think he enjoyed it much either, too busy trying to reassure me. So I've booked a private scan for Tuesday just so we can go in and actually enjoy it.
Very glad today is over, still reeling from the emotions, and I can't stop looking at the picture!

So glad everything in perfect :) x

Here's the photo of the chilled out wee thing. Neither of my girls stayed so calm during scans, they were both wild! Maybe this one's a boy :p

12 weeks (2).jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting, folks! Have had a lovely day after the scan with my husband getting lunch and going to the cinema so I'm just home now!
All good with my scan - moved my dates forward by two days so now officially 13 weeks today and in 2nd trimester! Saw the wee one kicking and moving about - they weren't impressed with the ultrasound transducer though. Think I've got one with an attitude already haha.
Still waiting for some family members to see pictures so will try post one later on once they've seen xx

Hi!

I went for my booking appointment today (finally!) at 11wks+6! They did all usual tests etc and then referred me to the ultrasound dept to book my scan. They said they’d phone me with the appt which I was not happy about. I’d spent a long time telling the midwife how anxious I’ve been because of previous MCs and how I just need to have my scan ASAP. She was lovely and understood. The ladies in the scanning team did not understand...

Surprisingly I got a phone call after 15 mins and my scan is booked in for 17th June!! I know it’s only 11 days away but I seriously can’t wait that long. I’ll be 13 wks+3 by then. We’ve decided to book a private scan and I’ve arranged it for Saturday - I can’t wait! Hoping our little one is doing ok x

Congrulations ladies so glad everything is ok and baby's are doing well. I hope my scan goes ok on Monday so so anxious though the closer it's getting im such a worrier so happy all yours went well. X

I’ve just had a fall down half of the stairs I feel fine no pain but did fall hard on a step on my back. Do I need to be checked or is it when it’s more serious? Sorry I know nobody is a doctor ha but don’t like wasting time x

I’ve just had a fall down half of the stairs I feel fine no pain but did fall hard on a step on my back. Do I need to be checked or is it when it’s more serious? Sorry I know nobody is a doctor ha but don’t like wasting time x
I would just get checked to be safe hun but i do worry lots so qould put my mind at ease. xx

I’ve just rang the early pregnancy assessment unit and they said I should be fine to rest and if I have any pain or bleeding to ring back to be seen x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back