****December 2014 mums to be! Christmas babies!!*****

Well todays appointment was interesting but iv been told today I will be having extra scans due to my eldest being small when he was born 6lb 7 and perfectly health. I then had another son 7lb 6 which she says was still small for my weight amd height. 5ft 6 and ten and a half stone.
No one ever showed any concerns before in pregnancy or after birth. She has worried me though.

Also there is blood in my urine so she asked if I had any bleeding which has worried me iv to wait for results now.

On a positive note a strong beating heart and a wriggler

Ah wifey, that's the same as me, but they think I had IUGR (interuterine growth ******ation), as Harrison was 5lb 12oz at almost full term.

Just think of it like we get to see our bubbas a bit extra, without having to pay for private scans :)

Thanks sara im excited I get extra scans but confused why raise concerns now amd not when my eldest was born. Fx everything goes well for you.

I'm sure it'll all be fine with both of us, maybe procedure has just been updated slightly since you had your last bubba?

H was fully developed too, just small, apart from the fact he didn't have any toe nails haha, he does now :)

She said it was new but im under a different hospital this time. According to her sheet she gave me I should have 9 lb babies lol.

I also have an enlarged uterus too lol

Oh wifey I'm exactly the same height and weight as you, but I'm only size 10/12. 9lbs! Oh my gosh! I hope mine isn't going to be that big! I haven't put any weight on at all yet - have you? I'm quite glad as I'd put some weight on before the pregnancy due to trying to balance my thyroid levels.

Surely it's very early to start worrying about the size of baby now....? Nothing was mentioned to me about my size and babies size at the scan.

Aparently my scan was perfect so not happy they have got me worrying already.
A size 12 mainly cos I have huge hips. Iv lost weight not gained any I was 11st In march but my stomach is now huge which im assuming is down to enlarged uterus.

I wouldn't take much notice of it wifey. Just enjoy your pregnancy and if they are offering you extra scans it just means you get to see baby more often than others. Your baby could have growth spurts at different times surely. Don't worry about it x

P.s. My midwife said that they wouldn't start measuring my bump until reaching 28 weeks.

emahepeh.jpg

So - you have different types of nappies, depending on whether you want to save money or time. In the beginning we used mostly muslin cloths (top left) with new born covers (like the one with the owls). Worked well as you have to change a newborn baby a lot. However, hubby was not thrilled about the folding, so for this time, I have bought some all-in-one newborn nappies - they come in one piece and have velcro, so that hubby will be more comfortable with changing baby as well - this is the nappy in the corner, in the bottom to the right (tots bots teeny fit).

I still use muslin cloths for my little lady, with a small bamboo insert inside and with covers like flip and milovia (milovia one size cover in the corner, bottom to the left). Muslin cloths dry super fast:)

Bumgenious free time (the red one) is one of my favorite nappies now that I'm working full time as these are all in one nappies that are easy to prep. They are a bit expensive, but I feel definantly worth the money, as you save time.

Top left corner is itti bitti snap-in one nappy - these are super good of bamboo, and absorbs a lot. You can snap-in (and out) inserts, so if baby has only peed a bit, you can only change the inserts and reuse the shell (same goes for other nappy covers). These nappies are sized nappies - in s,m and l. I like sized nappies because they fit the baby better.

So - there you go ladies! I have quite a few nappies and do two washes of nappies a week atm.

Last edited:
Im due December 22nd :)
But will be confirmed at my 13 week dating scan on Monday

I due with my first baby on the 22nd and have my scan on Monday too, Becca! Welcome to the December Group, many of us are hanging out in Tri 2 now so you're welcome to post there too. Is this your first?

Hi ladies, my scan is tomorrow, too and I will be off to tri2 thankfully. I am due 26th butit might change by a couple of days. What time are your scans?

I have my scan tomorrow too I will be 11weeks 3 days, its not my dating scan thou I dont have tgat till im nearly 15 weeks so my midwife got me into early preg unit for a scan just to make sure everythin is ok ( I have had 3 mc) its at 2 oclock what time is urs x

Good luck for your scans tomorrow ladies. Xx

I have my scan tomorrow too I will be 11weeks 3 days, its not my dating scan thou I dont have tgat till im nearly 15 weeks so my midwife got me into early preg unit for a scan just to make sure everythin is ok ( I have had 3 mc) its at 2 oclock what time is urs x
mine is 2:40 pm, nervous! good luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back