DebbieM/People who've had 4d scan with Babybond..

poppy160

Reaction score
Hiya, We're having our 4D Scan on Saturday, we have chosen option 1 for £175..We had a gender scan first time round with them and we weren't too impressed as the time that was spent with us wasn't enough etc, but we've decided to go with them again as we don't have anywhere nearer and we would really like to experience this. This time round I'm still a bit annoyed because they were so rude to me on the phone, it took me a couple of calls to actually book the thing then it took them weeks to send confirmation..only for it to come through saying our card had been declined (When it hadn't cause the money had come out of our account). Anyway, I was wondering how long might the scan last for? Debbie/Matt, I know you've had a sneak peak at 4D when going for your scans, and you've had a DVD which is what we're going to have. We're hoping the scan will be longer than 15 minutes like last time, for the amount we're spending and the 2 1/2 hour journey we're making to get there, we're hoping it will be worth it! Sorry for the long post..it turned out to be more of a rant!! :lol:

Hi there,

I had a couple of scans with babybond in livingston, and found them to be great.

My first was a gender scan at 19 weeks for £79. We got both 2D and 3D pics to take home and got to see baby in 4D for around 10 mins.

The second was the same 4D option as you for £175. We received a DVD that lasted 18 mins and got 7 pics.

We loved every minute of our experience, but there has been people that have had to return to complete there DVD as baby was not in the best position. I hope this doesn't happen to you especially as you have quite a long journey to complete. xxx

I'm so jealous! We went/are going to Cardiff, and with our gender scan we were literally 15 mins in there, it took them a while to get the gender cause baby wouldn't uncross her legs, but I reckon it probably would have been even less if she was being a flasher. They didn't offer a peak at 4D, but then it wasn't included in the package so I guess it's up to them to offer it or not. They were quite vague, but then I suppose there's only so much you can see with a 2D scan and I was 17 weeks. I'm sure it was just a one off and we will have a better time on Saturday..If not then I will be complaining. Thanks for replying! :)

I'm not sure how long you get with the 4D to be honest but have to say that we have been pleased with all 3 scans we have had with BabyBond so far. Our 4D is in less than 2 weeks time now (15th Dec) so will post all about it when we're back.

I hope you manage to enjoy yours more this time. xx

Bum...i'm going to the cardiff one on 7th Jan...are they that bad?? :(

AnnaR2B said:
Bum...i'm going to the cardiff one on 7th Jan...are they that bad?? :(

Aggh! No I didn't mean to put you off, Anna! They were really nice, but I just felt that with the gender scan, the amount of time spent with us was very little for the amount we paid, but I'm sure it will be different with a 4D scan, there's more to see :D . Plus, I found their phone manner to be very rude..and to book scans in Cardiff you phone the Cirencester clinic so I blame them :lol: I hope I haven't put you off :hug:

No course not...its exciting anyway eh?? Just hope i don't see any 'bits'...wanna stay team green!!! :cheer:

Yeah I'm really excited! I so admire you for staying team green, I couldn't do it! I'm too impatient! I'm sure they will avoid those parts if you ask them to :D

It really depends on the sonographer, I think.

Our 17 week BabyBond scan (2D + DVD) was around 17 minutes all in all. Our 23 scan (2D + DVD ) was around 11 minutes.

It all depends on how the baby is lying and how quickly they get to everything, really.

I wouldn't expect much more than 15 minutes of recorded footage with about 3-5 minutes getting everything set up and positioned.

It is a lot of money for such a short period of time and for you a lot of travelling; but as the Mastercard advert says, seeing your baby on screen: Pricess. :D

has anyone accidently seen boy or girl bits on the 4d scan??

this is just one of the many reasons we havent had one.. plus they kinda look like playdoh lol...

Each time we've gone, we've politely told the sonographer that we don't wish to know the sex. They do their best to keep the scanner away from 'that area'. A few times we were told to look away while she repositioned. Of course, we both were glued to the monitor...

The 4D scans are mainly cropped around the face so you should be fine. After 24 weeks or so it gets hard to see their genitals as their legs are usually tucked up.

MattM said:
After 24 weeks or so it gets hard to see their genitals as their legs are usually tucked up.

My 4d scan is booked for when I'm 27 weeks and I really want to know the gender. Is it too late at that point to tell, or is it just harder? I really want to know!

It depends how your LO is lying. I'm certainly no expert but I think it's 'harder' more than 'impossible' :D

thanks for that :D Will just have to hope baby co-operates, it doesn't like showing it's face going by the last scan, but hopefully we'll get a flash of it's bits :lol:

lisa&alex said:
has anyone accidently seen boy or girl bits on the 4d scan??

this is just one of the many reasons we havent had one.. plus they kinda look like playdoh lol...

Here in P'Boro they go out of their way to not let you see anything. She caught Matt and I looking at the screen on the 2nd scan we had and told us off. We were just laughing as it was funny! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back