Dear mamy I really need help for my pregnancy..please i need you.

Ladymamy

Reaction score
I'm 17 week pregnancy and in two weeks I'll be moving (residence) in Kent, for that time I will have to do a fetal anatomy\anomaly ultrasound(scan)and I would like to trust in NHS but not yet in residence in Uk can I rely on a GP? (I have residence in another country).
In the hospital without medical claim I do not think they can do this specific ultrasound .
The time of booking ultrasound scans are very long?
I'm really sorry for too much questions but it 'a rather urgent(my pregnancy is a bit delicate).
I really need your advice, thank you very much to anyone who can help me.
A big kiss
Isabel

Hello and welcome to pregnancy forum! I am a first time mum to be but will try to answer your questions...

Yes of course you can rely on your GP when you move to Kent. It will be important to register with a doctors as soon as possible and they will be able to advise you on the anomaly scan and care throughout your pregnancy. You will also have a midwife who you will have regular appointments with.

My anomaly scan was scheduled 8 weeks in advance as I did it whilst at the hospital after my 12 week scan but if you see the doctor as soon as you can once you have moved they should be able to then schedule you an appointment as soon as possible.

Hope that helps a little. When are you moving to Kent? All the best xx

Thank you,thank you so much Samantha,you are so kind!
Certainly the first thing to do is to find a GP...my biggest doubt is: can I have a Gp even if I did not yet have a residence?(I can do it -residence- only after I found the house with a long-term contract).
We will move to mid-August(I'll be 19-20 pregnancy's weeks).
I hope to be able to fix in time the ultrasound otherwise I will do it privately(I know, however, that in this case it is very expensive).
Also I try to contact the hospitals. If you had to recommend a doctor who can help me tell me as well.
Thanks again so much for your help,really thanks... it is for me very valuable.
smac smac smac

I am not sure.you are.entitled to free antenatal care if you are not.a.resident hun. You can book an anomaly scan privately so you dont miss it as its important

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Im not sure as one lady on here hadnt worked and lived in the uk long enough (didnt have proof) so her hospital where going to charge her to have the baby there. I know they are clamping down on none uk residents using NHS because of all the people coming to the uk just for free medical care but when a baby is involved surley they cant refuse you! How long have you lived here x

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I agree with the restrictions of the NHS,there are those who take advantage of it unfairly.
I obviously do not I move to take advantage of any clinical benefit but for important family and job's reasons.I have an ultrasound booked here where I live now, in a hospital very popular and specialized(all clinical checks without pay
for high-risk pregnancy) but I have to move first and I wiil do the ultrasound in uk inevitably.
I'll see if I can turn to a doctor in the hospital for claims, otherwise I will do an ultrasound to payment.

ps.I have yet to relocate to Kent will then be a permanent residence or otherwise continued for several years.

thank to all of you so much I hope to find a solution,the anomaly scan is very important.
a hug
Isa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back