Dealing with sickness

karael

Reaction score
How are you all deaing with the sickness? Its hit me all at once and I'm struggling.

Hi karael, I've had sickness for the last few weeks and it's been horrible. Not actually been sick, but had nausea. Fortunately the drs signed me off for 2 weeks. I found it worse when I'm sat up or being active. I've also found that I need to eat little and often, and for me it has to be bland food (toast, crumpets, crackers, half a run of lukewarm spaghetti hoops?!)toast

I tried travel bands but can't say if they work or not.

fortunately on the days when my DD is off nursery my DH has been able to work home. Not sure how I would have dealt with it and a toddler.

I'm now almost at the end of my 2 weeks off and seem to be feeling a bit better, so hope that it's easing off. I suppose I'll see next week when I have to go back to work and function again. I hope you feel better soon or fin d something that works. It's so debilitating isn't it xx

Definitely. I'm worse when I get up I'm sick a few times until I eat. I'm only 7 weeks I'm hoping at least it doesnt get worse but I had it so bad with my little girl. Part of me because it was so bad last time I'm making myself crazy thinking how bad its gonna get.

Sickness usually peaks at 9/10 weeks so it will get worse before it gets better I'm afraid!! I find nothing helps except medication, so if it's unbearable go to your GP. I found Vitamin B6 tablets are a good over the counter option that helped me a little! Other than that.. Eat little and often, rest as much as you can, frequent snacks etc. Nothing cures it but it usually goes away around 14-17 weeks. x

Apart from what the others have said I have also found that if I make a mojito if sorts (non -alcoholic of course) and have it really cold it can ease the nausea for a bit. I just make up a peppermint tea, sweeten it sightly and add lime juice then water it down to where it tastes good then chill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back