Dealing with emotions

mablestarr

Reaction score
I'm struggling to cope with my emotions since coming home from hospital on Saturday. I feel like I'm crying all the time. I have spoken to my OH and some of my friends and they all tell me its quite normal to feel like this.

Pregnancy stuff such as the gym ball and my raspberry tea were upsetting me yesterday reminding me I was no longer pregnant. So they've gone out of sight. I called my midwife this morning as was feeling it was all getting on top of me, and she came over and we had a chat.

I feel bad for my OH as he is being very supportive but I'm sure he just wants me to stop crying. Please tell me these feelings go away soon. My baby is so good, she sleeps well and I know I should be enjoying this time with her.

Sorry for moaning.

Please don't worry it sounds completely normal. It's so overwhelming at first and I remember my first week was terrible. If it carries on keep speaking with your mw or hv.

Sending a big hug xx

Mablestarr - I feel exactly the same. Lo is now 2 weeks old and I don't cry as much everyday but still cry. I get emotional thinking about not being pregnant, I get upset as I have horrific stretch marks, I'm convinced I'm doing a bad job and also that lo won't like me when he's older! The list goes on... My OH is fab reassuring me, telling me its normal etc, when he's nice to me I cry more.

I just want to stop feeling like this :-( It's not helping that I'm not able to get out much due to having a section and also now it's too hot to go out with lo much.

I'm sure tho that with time we will be fine and we'll look back wonder what it was all about!!

Bloody hormones eh? I also remember crying at the stupidest things for a few weeks, it's completely normal hun so don't think you are the only one. Just take each day as it comes and do your best to relax. Don't assume you are the only one going through this, it has happened to me and I'm sure virtually everyone on this forum to some degree.

It'll pass soon enough :hug: xxx

tapatalkin

Thanks everyone. Its reassuring to know that its 'normal' but still doesnt make it any better.

I just want to feel like myself again. xx

I too can completely sympathise. I was a blubbering wreck for a few weeks after . Any silly little thing could set my off. And it was proper bawling!! Big hugs Hun I can honestly say it will get better. One day you'll get to the evening and think oh I haven't cried today! One day at a time Hun xxxx

Yup yup, i was the same, i was in tears constantly for the first few weeks! Over anything and everything - at the time the smallest things seemed like a major crisis. It does get better, i still have the odd day where i'll cry a bit, but those times are few and far between and due to lack of sleep i think.

I thought when people said that you felt like you'd been hit by a truck after having a baby that they meant just physically - i didnt realise they meant emotionally too! I fully expected to come home glowing and cheerful, but for at least the first week or two, at times it felt like i was just trying to survive it.

I know its difficult when youre in the moment, but try to remember its your hormones, and you are doing a great job :smile: Before you know it, everything will be much easier and you'll feel better.

Thanks again everyone. I've had a pretty good day. Went out to mothercare with my mum and got some new baby clothes and stuff. Then went for a picnic in the park with my little boy.

My mum has just left now though, she lives about 4 hrs away so won't see her for a month or so. Its so hard as I wish I lived closer to my family, but I know if I did I probably wouldn't appreciate the time with them as much. Not sure when we as a family can go over there to see them all (and really not sure where we would put all the stuff in the car)!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back