daytime naps

shell1978

Reaction score
As a cluless first time mum i was wondering if you could shed some light on daytime naps. My lo is just over 5wks now and ive noticed these last few days hes not sleeping as much as he was. He has little cat naps 10-20mins here and there.

Is this normal? Xx

Jusy to add hes sleeping ok at night so im not too worried but dont want him to get to the point where he over tired x

I think all babies are different! I have had friends whose children only had "cat naps" from they were newborn. My dd had longer naps (3 or 4 naps). Does he seem happy/content? Than I wouldn't worry!

xx

At this age my LO stopped nodding off on his own in the day like he had done before. It took me a little while to realise he needed my help to nod off, which meant for most of the afternoon and evening I had a cranky baby! The best way I found to help him sleep is to rock him with a dummy. He'll also sleep in the pram and the car when we're out. He still only naps for about 30 mins at a time, but he will have a good few snoozes in the day and is less grumpy as a result. He's always been a really good sleeper at night as soon as he went rubbish in the day!

they sleep a lot in those first weeks. When he gets to about 3 or 4 months, you will naturally notice he will start to have longer naps but less during the day, and within a couple days you will see a pattern - i noticed he would get grouchy around 10.30-11am so would nap then and the same again about 2/3pm./ Those became his set naps that i would make sure he took even if he wasnt showing me signs, and then when he became nearer the age of 1, he naturally dropped his morning nap (which is devastating for the mum lol)

Some children just naturally cap nap.

My DD has always done. I remember HV saying at 6month check she should sleep for about 2hrs at a time, - Georgia didn't have that in total during the day!!

She's still the same and much prefers a 15min power nap!!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back