Day from hell!

xJuliex

Reaction score
Well, i went for my 35/36 week appointment today and the midwife decided to check my blood results from 7 week ago!! turns out i'm aneamic! Surely they should of told me that as soon as the results came back!! Anyways, baby was fine, but when i got up off the bed i went really dizzy and my vision went blurred so i had to lye down till i was feeling alright again! Went to the doctors for iron tablets and by the time i got home i had an excrutiating migrane. I suffer from them really badly but normally only get them once every few months. This was really bad though, my vision went in one eye, my hand went numb and i felt really confuzed, then the almighty headache comes on! Really scary but i've been having them since i was small so pretty used to them now. Anywys i've been in bed asleep since 11 o clock, got up at 6, still feel really poorly and can't keep anything down. Erghhh i feel like poo...hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!! x

I'm so sorry you had a bad day today! Hope tomorrow will be better!!!

:hugs:

aww no u poor thing, do you normaly feel that way with migranes? if not id call the mw in case its you pb or something else

I do vomit with migranes my self from time to time but if its not something thats normal for you id get it checked out hun

hope ur feeling better soon xxx

Awwww I'm so sorry honey. I hope you feel better soon and the iron tablets begin to help!

yehh the vision and numbness is normal, its just classed as a severe migrane although its really scary!! ive just managed to have some broccoli, sprouts green beans and two small pieces of frying steak which is meant to be good for iron, hopefully it will stay down. Going to get back in bed now hopefully i'll be feeling better tomorrow!! x

Hope you manage to get a good nights sleep and that you are feeling better tomorrow. Xx

I hope you're feeling better! And yes, they should have told you your results earlier!

Hope your having a better day today, the same happened to me, i kept fainting and blacking out, being sick, it was awful. I had to go to the doctor and she found out my iron was only at 9. When i told the midwife she finally got round to checking my bloods from weeks earlier. So basically i could of been on iron tablets and getting better weeks before. xx

im feeling alot better this afternoon although the iron tablets seem to make me sick when i took it in the morning. i couldn't keep anything down after u had it. Hs nyone else experience sickness with them? im going to try again tomorrow and if same happens again im going to get some iron fortified cereal to have in the morning, then have plenty of green veg and red meat etc for lunch and tea then just have the one iron tablet at night xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back