Davina Pre and post natal workout DVD

Tillytots

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

My SIL lent me this DVD and have to say its really good! Since being pregnant Ive stopped excercising as much. I used to walk 2 hours a day in the week and at least 4 hours at the weekend, plus alot of dancing so about (14hours min walking a week and about 2hours dance) Ive had horrible sciatica which meant I could hardly walk for 10 mins let alone 2 hours a day :(

Anyway, basically Im trying to ease back into excercise so Im better prepared for labour and this DVD was really good. Its oh so very gentle but thats perfect for now. It didnt drag on and I can easily do it everyday. After the first 5mins my hips stopped feeling like they'd snap so its definately loosened me up :) the toning part was good as was the relaxation at the end :sleep:

Anyway, Il probably not be able to move tommorrow now!! :lol: but Id deffo reccomend it if you want a gentle workout plan to follow to keep active in pregnancy.

xx

Sounds good. Davina is cool.

I'm still walking about an hour a day with the dog. A long gentle hill to climb on the way back also so :) Plus I am zooming round doing other things, so all in all able to keep active.

I want to do more though dammit :x It frustrates the crap out of me I am so limited in what I can do now. No more hauling the chicken houses or wealding a sledgehammer or carting the logs in :wall: I miss my activity.

Thank's for sharing this, I might have to buy that. Is it more designed for later in pregnancy though? I used to do an excercise dvd everyday but it was quite vigorous so I stopped and now I do virtually no excercise and I feel so unfit :(

Glad it has helped u Tilly!

I'll stick to my swimming I think - Davina would drive me bonkers :lol:

@ xJodieLoux - Id say its designed for the whole of pregnancy. Obviously the bigger you get the more of a challenge it is but its still gentle. Its alot of stretching and generally gets you to work on the muscles we need for labour whilst keeping us supple and toned. Definately not vigourous in any sense :lol: I used to do the Thai Boxing workout and comparing the two is like comparing a 5yr olds energy with a 90yr olds! Still, i liked it and its made me feel good that Ive done more than sit on my ever growing butt all evening :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back