Dating ultrasound shows gestational sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat yet

Mruffolo

Reaction score
Today is 6weeks 4days from LMP. I had an IUI done on September 16. Today I had a dating ultrasound where they found a gestational sac and a fetal pole but couldn’t see a heartbeat. The paper the technician had showed CRL (crown rump length) was 0.37cm (3.7mm) and beside it she had written 6weeks 0days. Does that mean that I am not 6 + 4days like I thought? The doctor at my clinic said it’s good that there’s a sac and fetal pole, I’m just worried as I thought there would have been a little heartbeat.

I’m starting to worry that something is wrong and looking for anyone who can share a similar experience. I’ve also attached a picture of my ultrasound in hopes any of you ladies can help ease my mind.

0562E8C0-55D4-4568-A5A3-9DCEBBBA4DA1.jpeg

Today is 6weeks 4days from LMP. I had an IUI done on September 16. Today I had a dating ultrasound where they found a gestational sac and a fetal pole but couldn’t see a heartbeat. The paper the technician had showed CRL (crown rump length) was 0.37cm (3.7mm) and beside it she had written 6weeks 0days. Does that mean that I am not 6 + 4days like I thought? The doctor at my clinic said it’s good that there’s a sac and fetal pole, I’m just worried as I thought there would have been a little heartbeat.

I’m starting to worry that something is wrong and looking for anyone who can share a similar experience. I’ve also attached a picture of my ultrasound in hopes any of you ladies can help ease my mind.

View attachment 88629
As far as I'm aware sometimes it can be hard to find a heartbeat so early :) also measuring 6weeks +0 is not an issue, in the early scans they can often be a couple of days out but if they were concerned about that they'd have mentioned it to you too. Xx

when I had my son I was 7 weeks and went for a scan and the woman warned me we might not be able to see the heartbeat so early on but that we could test again the next week if not!

turned out he was 7+4 so there was a heartbeat.

but 6+0 is maybe just too soon? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back