Dating scan tomorrow, Eek! (Updated with pic in first post!)

Em91

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you're all well. :)

Got my dating scan at 9.50 in the morning. I'm quite excited but so nervous at the same time. I saw the baby at the early scan (6+5), but i've got it into my head that in the last 6 weeks somethings going to have gone wrong and they wont be able to find the HB. Other half keeps telling me to stop panicking saying it will all be fine. But don't think i can believe it until the moment, (if) and when i see a healthy looking baby tomorrow!

I'm also really unsure what the dates going to be, because at the early scan they changed it which would make me 11+4 now but MW said stick to the original date because it was likely to change which makes me 12+6... i really hope its the second date because it'll mean i'm so close to tri 2, either way as long as the baby is healthy where ever the date is between 11 and 13 weeks i'm happy. Will just be a little bit dissapointed if i get put back!

One question for those of you who opted to have the downs test, did you get told if it was high or low risk at the next midwfie appointment or on the day?

I know i'm not the only one with a scan tomorrow so good luck to everyone else, hopefully there will be lots of scan pictures uploaded from us all tomorrow

FX!

UPDATE, So looks like i'm staying in tri 1 with you lovely ladies for another week!, should have been 13 weeks today but have been put back slightly so am now 12+2... Making my due date 4th August. Baby was very wriggly, waving it's arms about and jumping everytime i coughed!, bless. The picture isn't the best one actually there were better ones but thats the one she printed. So thats what i have, can't believe it cost £10 per photo! ouch!... Thanks for all the reassurance leading up to the scan really helped.

& also just a note to say i'm thinking of the ladies who's scans didn't go well today. So sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• 12wks 2days.jpg
    12wks 2days.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
They will tell you at your scan if the measurements are in normal range and they will do a blood test to test your hormones which gives a good indicator if you are high risk for downs syndrome. I got told if my blood test come back high risk I would get a phone call within 3 working days and if not a letter will go in the post to me. Good luck with your scan, it's such an amazing experience.x

Good luck for tomorrow and i was in the same position as you at my 12 week scan, nervous. I had a scan at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and the day i went for my 12 week scan i felt as if they would find something wrong. Its a normal emotion to go through, enjoy the scan youll be amazed at the difference youll see.
With regards to the downs test they didnt mention anything about the measurements they gave me a printout to give to the midiwfe and i got it form there and then had my bloods done and 2 weeks later i got a letter through the post. Good luck xxx

Best of luck for tomorrow :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

all was fine we have a very wriggly baby! 12+3 :) will upload pic when I get home from work xx

Aw brilliant glad all went wel, looking forward to seeing pics xx

Really glad all went well hun :D and dates are good too! Look forward to seeing pics :) x x

So pleased all went well - look forward to seeing a pic of your LO xxx

That's great! Congrats x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

lovely picture, £10 a picture i thought it was bad enough paying a fiver x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member