Dating scan at 8+6 weeks?

AKSH

Reaction score
So I just got my booking appointment and dating scan dates through. Booking appointment is on 1st August when I'll be 9 weeks exactly. But my dating scan is the day before, despite it saying in the blurb that it would be between 10-12 weeks and after my booking appointment. I'm going to call them tomorrow about it, but 8+6 weeks for a dating scan does seem a little early right?

i had a dating scan at 9 weeks then they gave me another at 13 weeks to date probably with my first daughter xx

Thanks chrystal. I'm 36 so worried about Down's syndrome so ideally I'd have a scan at 10 weeks and not have to wait till 13 weeks for that. Having said that, I'll probably go for the harmony test so I can do that privately at 10 weeks I suppose. Then I'd maybe have 3 scans! Plus I'm having an early reassurance scan tomorrow lol!

that does seem a little early. i dont have my booking in till 8+2 lol

hi aksh i am 36 too and have just started reading about the downs tests.do all ladies get offered them or just the slightly more mature ladies like ourselves? I am really not sure how i feel about having those tests but i am quite sure my oh would want them done.think i will have to find out more about it all.x

I think everyone gets the nuchal fold test at 10-12 weeks. Based on your results (which depend on age and other factors) you may get offered another test, where they take amniotic fluid. But that carries a 1% MC rate. I think you're only offered that if you have a high chance of downs. The other test, harmony, is a blood test on the mother's blood after 6 weeks and gives a 99% accurate result. It's not available on the NHS and costs £600. I'm definitely going to get it done for peace of mind. A co-worker recently had a baby at 37 and he had downs. She wasn't high risk so it was a massive surprise to her. He had heart problems and other issues and needs a heart op before he gets to 1 year so really stressful for her.

Hey, I'm 35 and because I fell pregnant straight after a miscarriage, I'm having a dating scan next week when I will be 8 weeks. It's just to measure to get an idea of actual dates so that the nuchal fold test can be done at the correct time. I had a scan today due to a small bleed, and questioned the poor woman till she had to usher me out. I'm concerned about my age too. She said the optimum time for the nuchal fold test is 11+3 to 14 weeks, so to book when I'm 11+3, then come back the next week if they can't take measurements yet.

it all sounds very scary and unfortunately i don't have £600 to pay for the harmony test, but thanks for the information.x

Thanks chrystal. I'm 36 so worried about Down's syndrome so ideally I'd have a scan at 10 weeks and not have to wait till 13 weeks for that. Having said that, I'll probably go for the harmony test so I can do that privately at 10 weeks I suppose. Then I'd maybe have 3 scans! Plus I'm having an early reassurance scan tomorrow lol!
your welcome hun ..i had lots of scans with my daughter..i have a scan friday due to problems ..id loved to have booked reassurance scan but wouldnt know where to start lol
Good luck 2moro xx x

Chrystal I just called my local EPU and said I'd had 2 MCs and they booked me in for one. They have a reassurance clinic on a Thursday. Have my scan today! I work in London so going to st Thomas near Waterloo. Perhaps you should call your local EPU?

When I went for my dating scan it turned out I was 11 weeks so they called me back 10 days later to do it again, if I were you I'd call them & put it back a couple of weeks otherwise they'll just call you back anyway x

They don't do the nuchal fold in my NHS trust just the quad test at 15-18 weeks (blood test). I am 37 years old. I would say if you are a worrier and not prepared to have the further testing (amniocentesis) if you come back as high risk I would seriously consider whether you have the testing or not as it gives you a risk factor not a definate yes or no answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back