Dates...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by beclove2885, May 28, 2013.

1. beclove2885

beclove2885 Well-Known Member

Well after being a nervous wreck last week at my early scan where I thought I was a few days out. Turns out rather than being 7.5 weeks the sac is measuring 5.5 weeks. I'm just trying to work out my dates and if this could be right but I'm getting so confused. My last period was the 27th march lasted 4 days ish as I was on clomid. I don't ovulate on day 14 and cycles were around 33 days. So how far along would I be now? I got my bfp ok the 26th April. Any advice would be great even though I'm thinking the worst and dreading next week xxxxxxxx

2. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

It really all depends on how long you lp is. I think most women are around 14 days....I think the whole dating of pregnancy based on the first day of a cycle isn't always accurate if your cycles are irregular or sometimes just a bit longer. Try and relax until your next appt. best wishes xxxx

3. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

Well my period was 4th April so should a been 7+5 but I'm only measuring about 5ish weeks too
    I've nooooo idea

4. beclove2885

Did they say why you might be measuring smaller? My scan lady didn't say much really. Apart from they found the sac etc. no heartbeat yet x

5. clareybell

clareybell Well-Known Member

Do you not know what day you ovulated? According to my dates, I think I'm about 6 and a half, but saw the midwife today who reckons I'm probably closer to 7 because of my symptoms. I have my early scan on Thursday though so will see then if I'm actually measuring smaller! X

6. beclove2885

I ovulate on about day 20 do dates would tie up to conception dates just not period dates x

7. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

I've no idea when I ovulate
    All I know is that my period is every 28 days
    I had sex at random 9 days after period start day and got pregnant from having sex just the once!

They never mentioned being an issue that I measured smaller than expected though
    I've to go back in two weeks though so obviously they're keen to see if its progressed I suppose
    But no indication otherwise?! X