Dates

Layla

Reaction score
hi girls

im not sure about my dates and which one to go with

i think im due on the 14th jan, thats my orignal date, but then my scan date said im due on the 22nd.

i am still going by the 14th coz everything seems to fit in with that one (first kick, movements etc)

my midwife just came round and we talked about when i see her next and there was some confusion coz i have 2 dates.

so really i need to pick one and stay with it.

which one do it go with??

I think most people go with the scan date as it is most accurate. The date they give you based on your last AF is an estimate cos everyone's cycle is different. My date was 18 Jan but changed to 15 Jan on my scan and that's the one I use.

*huff*

i hate having to go back a week! lol

oh well, best change my sig

Yeah scan date is the most accurate one to go with, providing the dating scan was in the first trimester, after that dating scans are notoriously inacurate to go by.

its strange coz i had a scan at 10 weeks, and that put me at 8 weeks since conpection, which did make me 10 weeks since last period.

but then at the 12 weeks scan they told me i was a week less, so how can i go from being spot on at the 10 week scan, to a week behind at my 12 week scan within 2 weeks?!

also!

my 20 week scan had 21 weeks on the bottom of it, whcih worked out right with my date, if they were going on the first scan dates then it should have read 20 weeks not 21 lol

im confused, i really dont know what date to go with

The way you have to look at it is how happy are you to be induced 10 days after the 14th January if baby isn't here yet? If you go with the later date they will let you go longer till they induce you and after one induced birth and one natural I would opt for the natural every time. They put me a week ahead when I had my scan and I was pleased as I knew it would give me longer before they want to interfer.

Lots of love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back