date for induction

Kimbo

Reaction score
when do they give you a date for induction?

i have midwife 2 more times now before i'm due. i have her tomorrow morning and then again next wednesday.
at next weeks appointment, ill only have 4 days until my due date, so do they give you a date for induction then, or do you go back again when you're past your due date?

When I was a week overdue my midwife booked my induction. I would have been 42+1 but I didn't need it in the end. What surprised me was how far in advance people book inductions - why? Anything between 37 and 42 weeks is considered a normal time for baby to arrive. There's not a lot of point in booking one before your due date, just in case! I had a very long and difficult birth which eventually resulted in a section and then high dependency ward for me and SCBU for baby, but strangely it wasn't a very painful experience. Everything I have read about inductions says they are painful - I wouldn't be looking to plan one unless all other options have been explored.

My induction was booked when I was a week overdue and it was for 12 days over. I don't think they book it until you have gone over.

I had mine booked with Aimee at 38 weeks for when I was 40+11 but I think it was only cos I had an appointment with the consultant.
With Nathan it was booked when I was 3 days over for 40+14 and the gave me a sweep at the same time. I never needed it though.

mine was 3 days after my due date i think (didnt need it tho hehe) i think it was booked from about 7 months preg but cant remember exactly sorry

I was 40 + 5 which was a Thursday when they booked my induction for Tia... for the following Wednesday... but I ended up popping on the Sunday at 41+1. :) Usually you don't make it to the induction date, which is why they don't tend to book the induction until you are actually over your due date.

I had appointment at 40+2 when my induction was booked for 12 days overdue, in our area you are supposed to have a choice of 10 or 14 days overdue but because I was booked in a hospital out of the area, they only did 12 days overdue. My midwife tried to get me in for 10 days overdue cos of my sciatica, very painful. I then had an appointment at 41+2, had a sweep, and Ryan was born the next day at term+10, 2 days before the booked induction.

Don't be wishing yourself an induction... I've heard from a lot of ladies that it isn't the easier option, and going into labour naturally is preferable.

leckershell said:
I had appointment at 40+2 when my induction was booked for 12 days overdue, in our area you are supposed to have a choice of 10 or 14 days overdue but because I was booked in a hospital out of the area, they only did 12 days overdue. My midwife tried to get me in for 10 days overdue cos of my sciatica, very painful. I then had an appointment at 41+2, had a sweep, and Ryan was born the next day at term+10, 2 days before the booked induction.

Don't be wishing yourself an induction... I've heard from a lot of ladies that it isn't the easier option, and going into labour naturally is preferable.

no i wasnt wishing for an induction, just wanted to know if they gave you a date or not.

The hospital booked me in for induction when i went to see the consultant at T+3 the induction was booked for T+13 but i gave birth T+12 :)

If nothing happens before then I've got my next appointment with a midwife at T+8. I'm assuming they'll give me sweep then and also set a date for induction for a few days later if the sweep does nothing.

mine was booked T+10 for T+14. but if i wanted i could have waited and they would just monitor me each day until i went into established labour naturally. which i wished i did now, but oh well lol

My sister was booked for an induction at her 40 week appointment but round here they don't like u going over 10 days so her induction was booked for 10 days over her due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back