Cysts

Hannah1678

Reaction score
Finally got in at the doctors the other day. I’ve been trying for baby number 1 for 16 months now. Bit of a back story, 1 year ago I went for a scan to see why my periods were irregular, they told me the week after for the check up nothing was found on the blood work or scan as to why this is happening. Fast forward 6 weeks and a different doctors told me I had a tilted back womb, which she recons shouldn’t be an issue with conceiving or periods. Anyway, fast forward again to Wednesday of last week, and ANOTHER doctor tells me she wants to send me off for another scan to check the CYSTS!! I was like I’m sorry what cysts is that then? She was just as shocked as me that no one has told me before but they found 5 small cysts and one moderate one a year ago and they should be been monitored to see if they have grown. She told me that one of them is directly under the right Fallopian tube and could be causing blockages of the eggs trying to get though. I’m so mad because all of this could have been sorted if someone would have just told me. Now it could need surgery :-(
Does anyone else suffer with cysts? She told me it’s not PCOS fortunately but she did mention checks for endometriosis.

Keep us updated Hannah and I do hope more ladies would join this thread and share experiences similar as yours. Good luck!

Thanks! So happy I’ve finally had a reply in this thread :wave: it’s an uncommon thing apparently so will just wait for doctors advice x

Hi, I’m so sorry you’ve got this news. I suffer with cysts and am currently 11 weeks pregnant. I know everyone’s situation is different. Just wanted to send you a bit of hope <3

Hi, I’m so sorry you’ve got this news. I suffer with cysts and am currently 11 weeks pregnant. I know everyone’s situation is different. Just wanted to send you a bit of hope <3
Thank you! That has cheered me up, congratulations!! Xxx

awesome news, massive congrats! x

I had irregular periods from I was 17. I mean they would be absent for months. I was concerned i had cysts and all the Gp at the time wanted to do was put me on the pill.
Few years later i was with my OH i was concerned i would never have kids. I came off the pill see if things were any different. I had a period once maybe every 3months then. Miracle I did catch I never knew til I was 9 weeks gone. Scan at 12 weeks discovered I had a massive cyst on my ovary.
I was told it was so big it could twist during pg and may need surgery if that happened.
Unfortunately I lost my baby girl 24weeks to abnormalities but I got the consultant to arrange to have the cyst sorted before we ttc.
This cyst turned out to be on my left fallopian tube so i lost it. But ever since ttc I've always caught first time ( extremely lucky I know) but It may not have been that way if didnt get it removed.

I had irregular periods from I was 17. I mean they would be absent for months. I was concerned i had cysts and all the Gp at the time wanted to do was put me on the pill.
Few years later i was with my OH i was concerned i would never have kids. I came off the pill see if things were any different. I had a period once maybe every 3months then. Miracle I did catch I never knew til I was 9 weeks gone. Scan at 12 weeks discovered I had a massive cyst on my ovary.
I was told it was so big it could twist during pg and may need surgery if that happened.
Unfortunately I lost my baby girl 24weeks to abnormalities but I got the consultant to arrange to have the cyst sorted before we ttc.
This cyst turned out to be on my left fallopian tube so i lost it. But ever since ttc I've always caught first time ( extremely lucky I know) but It may not have been that way if didnt get it removed.

truly interesting story! I hope you don't mind my asking but were you able to bear a child?

Finally got in at the doctors the other day. I’ve been trying for baby number 1 for 16 months now. Bit of a back story, 1 year ago I went for a scan to see why my periods were irregular, they told me the week after for the check up nothing was found on the blood work or scan as to why this is happening. Fast forward 6 weeks and a different doctors told me I had a tilted back womb, which she recons shouldn’t be an issue with conceiving or periods. Anyway, fast forward again to Wednesday of last week, and ANOTHER doctor tells me she wants to send me off for another scan to check the CYSTS!! I was like I’m sorry what cysts is that then? She was just as shocked as me that no one has told me before but they found 5 small cysts and one moderate one a year ago and they should be been monitored to see if they have grown. She told me that one of them is directly under the right Fallopian tube and could be causing blockages of the eggs trying to get though. I’m so mad because all of this could have been sorted if someone would have just told me. Now it could need surgery :-(
Does anyone else suffer with cysts? She told me it’s not PCOS fortunately but she did mention checks for endometriosis.

Hello Hannah just wanted to check up on you. How are you doing? I hope this message finds you well.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back