cystitis

sparky

Reaction score
Booooooo!!!

think i have cystitis do i need to go to the doctors or will cranberry juice and water flush it out?

Hi,

I would get yourself to the doctors. If left untreated it could develop into a full blown kidney infection.

They will give you anti biotics to clear it up.

It's common in pregnancy they say.

I had a UTI last month, it was really nasty. I tried flushing it out with cranberry and water but with hindsight I realise now that it's best to go straight to the docs. Especially as you're pregnant.

yeah will go tomorrow i think...might have to tell my work earlier than expected so it doesnt go on my sick record

went to docs this morning and its an infection, gave a wee sample (thank god being pregnant you can wee on demand!) dip test came up positive and they've also sent it off. Got safe anti-biotics and am going to put my feet up, doctor said that i should start to feel better in a matter of hours.

She said that they can be very serious in pregnancy, can lead to kidney infection and even contractions in later pregnancy.

thanks for the pm sarafet :hug:

Just got to get used to going to the docs now, usually try and deal with most things on my own.

So next stage is trying to have a comfotable poo :shock: cant grumble tho, progesterone is the culprit and thats whats making my placenta and my bubs comfy

roll on 2nd tri!

It's amazing how the ab's can make you feel better rapidly.

I've read how dangerous it can be pregnancy, so glad you went to the docs.

Hope you make a speedy recovery. Put your feet up! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back