cystitis

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Lorrie, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Lorrie

Lorrie Well-Known Member

Hi feelin very anxious. I got cystitis last month with result couldn't BD for while after. The cause - all my extra BDing. I did everything you're supposed to after BDing go for a wee etc. but didnt use lubricant so guess I was too dry. Anyway had to take antibiotics to get rid of it as it turned into kidney infection. This month I ordered pre seed have used that whenI BD & still I feel like I'm about to get cystitis again. I'm feelin really down because my BDing seems to be causing it & yet if I dont BD BFP an impossibility. Afraid antibiotics might damage a baby if I did get pregnant. Any body any words of wisdom?
    Lorrie :oops:

2. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

Hi Lorrie

Afraid I don't know much about cystisis, having only had it once, but I just wanted to send you a word of warning about the antibiotics.

When I was pg with my first 13 years ago, I had really bad bleeding at 32 weeks and was rushed in to hospital. Everything was fine :D , but I did meet a young girl in there who was pg with quads. She had been on the pill, and was ill so had gone to the gp and was prescribed antibiotics. Unfortunately her gp didn't mention that the antibiotics would cancel out the pill, and she was only young and had not heard that before. So she fell pg. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), one of the side effects of getting pg on this particular antibiotic, was the possibility of multiple births. She was about 25 weeks when I met her, and she had been confined to hospital since week 20, only allowed home for a few hours every Sunday.

On the up side, I did read in our local paper that she had the babies at week 31. 4 boys. Unfortunately, one of the babies was just too small to survive, but she left hospital a few months later with 3 beautiful boys.

So I would definitely look into this, and check with your gp what type of antibiotic you have been given.

Good luck with the BD this month.
    xxx

3. rach

rach Well-Known Member

hi lorrie hun that happened to me the first month of ttc its not nice i know and it can make things difficult take tanketts advice over the antibiotics and check with the doctor i hope you feel better soon hunny xxxxx

4. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

Hi Lorrie

I've had cystitis a few times (approx 3). I hate taking antibiotics... I buy those sachets from the chemist for cystitis.. you take 3 a day - it's a power that you mix with a large glass of water. They come in different flavours. They always worked for me. I drink plenty of water too and cranberry juice.

x

5. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hi Lorrie

I've had a couple of bladder and kidneyinfections since being pregnant and there are suitable anti-biotics that don't harm the baby. Tell your doctor you are TTC and they should give you a safe option.

Get it sorted because if you leave it like I did and get a kidney infection you'll be extremely miserable!!!

Louise

6. Lorrie

Lorrie Well-Known Member

Thanks so much girls for your advice. Can you believe I'm feelin a little better today. I had been drinking pints of water & hoping it wouldflush it out & it seems to be working. I've just done my shopping online & have ordered some cranberry juice. I'm also gonna check out the sachets they sound like a good idea. Fortunately I was on antibiotics last mth whn I got it & I got my Af anyhow. This time I hadnt been to doc yet and hopefully I wont have to. Downside is I havent BD in last couple of days to prevent it gettn any worse so I doubt I'll get BFP this mth either. I BD on day 8 of my cycle & nothing since.
    Ah well maybe next mth. :? Lorrie

7. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Hi Lorrie

I've had it a few times in the past and it's misery inducing! Like you, I'd get a bout and then feel like I was getting it again.

I'd definitely recommend the sachets and the cranberry juice and water. Also, I've been told that it can be caused by bruising i.e. sorta internal bruising from sex that's a bit too vigorous or deep. :oops: If you feel that you've got it coming back I'd avoid those positions that feel deeper and go gently. Ahem.... hopefully not TMI there! :D

Also, avoid having sex on a full bladder particularly that first thing in the morning sex!

Hope that helps.

Helen

8. Lorrie

Lorrie Well-Known Member

Thanks Helen :) x