Cystic Fibrosis

Rosieroo

Reaction score
My DS had a sweat test carried out yesterday to check for CF, we'll get the results either Friday or Monday. Has anyone else been through a similar situation? We're also waiting for some blood tests to come back, and for the time being his asthma meds have been quadrupled and he's been put on some granules (the name escapes me) to see if it helps with his wheezing/chestiness (I think they're a form of antihistimine, we're collecting them tonight).
I don't think he has CF as he has always put on weight well, but there has to be something behind his wheeziness.

I've no advice Kina sweetheart - but just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you at this worrying time.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks Valentine :hug: I'm feeling positive that it's not, but I just want some answers really. It's been quite a difficult 9 months and I want to know why my little boy is so rattly, he deserves better tbh. Can't be nice feeling wheezy all your waking hours and getting puffed out just from being on your front :(

Hi Kina.. I read this a few days ago but TBH I wasn't sure what to say cos I know nothing about CF, I hope you get answers soon and it's something that can be treated easily :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Kina, how worrying. Poor little thing.
Tom had bronchiolitis recently and it was so distressing to hear him wheeze like that so I can't imagine how you feel.
Hope you get a good result. Let us know.

aww, poor wee alex. I hope they can give you some answers soon.

Laura x

Results came back early and the paed rang us to say it's not CF :D :D

Got to wait now for his bloods to come back and then we go back in Jan to see her, in the meantime we just keep on treating it like it's asthma and he takes the granules on top of the inhalers.

So pleased it's not CF :)

Brilliant news Kina - take care of yourselves and Merry Christmas!

Valentine Xxx

so pleased its not CF hunny have a lovely christmas glad you got the results before x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back