Cyclizine ...

flexilexi394

Reaction score
So I was prescribed Cyclizine for my morning sickness :dance::dance::dance: and it has worked straight away.

The only thing I have a problem with, is I was drowsy about 30 mins of having it, like to the point I could have fallen asleep cooking dinner. I had to go have a 20 minute nap to try shift it.

I would much rather feel tired than sick so it is a godsend, I am mainly just asking whether anyone else has much experience with this stuff? And how badly the side effects hit you?

It is the end of the day and the drowsiness could have been magnified because I am always very shattered in the early evenings and have a little nap if I have time, I just don't want to take it tomorrow morning and then end up being too tired to function as on a Wednesday I work 12 hours!

Any advice or experience appreciated!

ps I cannot believe how NOT SICK I feel!

I felt like that the first day I took it, did way too much and came crashing down the next day! Make sure you rest if your body tells you to. I don't feel drowsy so much on them as I feel dizzy and as though I'm drunk or something, like being in a cloud. I really can't describe it. I have been sleeping loads but haven't noticed it as a specific side effect of the tablets themselves. Hope it passes quickly but like you say, tiredness over sickness any day!! X

Ahh okay I hope that I was just overtired then and it just made me more tired. I will try tomorrow and see how I cope with it I think! I really want to not feel sick, but I just read it can mess with your vision that worries me, as my vision has been crap since being pregnant. I hope I can work out how to balance this xx

I had it and found it made me really drowsy too but I've heard if you keep taking it your body gets used to it after a week or two. Can you take some time off to adjust to it? Delighted you've got some relief from that awful nausea xx

I could get me some of that :) I've got to ring my doctors in the morning, had mega nausea, affecting my appetite and I don't need to lose any more weight! Xx

Roisin I am feeling really very drowsy again and this worries me slightly - unfortunately I've got a full diary and don't have anywhere to move appointments to which makes things tricky! I just want to sleep to be honest but I don't think that will happen til half term sort of time.

Yes Natz it's worth a try! I feel sick this morning which is a bit of a bum because last night it really worked! But saying that I don't feel like I've got to run for the toilet.

I may just have to make time for a nap in the day or something I think to try help with the tiredness xx

I found that even though I was sleepy I could stay awake if I needed to and I could drive ok. I hope you are the same. Sorry you're having a rough time I hope you manage to get your head down at some stage xx

Yeah at the moment I'm tired but I can function so that's good. Last night I was really tired anyway so I think that's why it knocked me out! I just can't wait to feel a bit better! Xx

Yer a lot of anti sickness meds make u feel like that I was on metricloprimide last time and felt that way it takes about two weeks for your body to get used to it and then it should ease xx

That's good to know, thank you. I have just sicked up all my breakfast so that's slightly annoying, wondering if I just need to accept that I'm going to be sick lol xx

I've just been prescribed the same today. Did you gp tell you what intervals to take it ? Mine said every 8 hours do 8,2 and then before bed. No more than 3 per 24 hrs. Now I was not thinking straight at the time but between 8 and 2 isn't 8 hours so just wondering what everyone's been told. They are magic stuff like but shattered now

I'm on cyclizine from 6 weeks I'm now 8. I feel drowsy and constantly exhausted but I have a 3yr old and 2yr old so I get no chance of a rest until they are asleep.

Better than being sick all day!

I'm still being sick - yeah I got told to spread 3 out over the course of the day but they are making me really very drowsy. If they actually stopped me being sick I might not mind feeling drowsy! I'm going to try and carry them on, and hope that they work.
I bought that magnesium oil to rub in and haven't noticed a huge difference with that either but I'll keep it up! Anything to help eh! Xx

I'm still being sick - yeah I got told to spread 3 out over the course of the day but they are making me really very drowsy. If they actually stopped me being sick I might not mind feeling drowsy! I'm going to try and carry them on, and hope that they work.
I bought that magnesium oil to rub in and haven't noticed a huge difference with that either but I'll keep it up! Anything to help eh! Xx

I had my booking in appt with the midwife today. She said if the tablets don't work go back to my gp as there are other versions which can be offered. She said yo give it a week.ehilst I was there she suggested plan digestive biscuits and my goodness they have worked a treat when I start feeling sick

Yeah plain digestives are awesome! Thing is, when I feel sick it's quick like I have to go be sick there and then. I am not getting the feeling of needing to be sick very often, only after I've been sick I get it then I eat and it's manageable. Okay I'll go back if they don't help after a week, I am just praying it starts to go! Xx

Aw that's awful that the tablets aren't working yet - maybe need to take a bit more time to absorb into your system. I don't know what's worse tiredness or sickness. I really feel for you :( mine has passed touch wood!!! No sickness, feeling sick and seem to have my appetite back. Still incredibly tired constantly. Hopefully the non sickness will continue though xx

It's so nice when you don't feel sick any more and actually have an appetite isn't it! I envy you massively! To be fair, I've woken up and been sick, but I'm eating some toast and so far so good! I don't feel too sick yet, i have a very busy day at work today so I've gotta power through and have a nice big nap at the end :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back