Cyclizine anti sickness

Shell99

Reaction score
Anybody taking cyclizine? Have you foubd it to help?

How long after taking a pill does the sickness improve?

I've just took my first one along with my folic acid and prenatals as I didn't think I could stomach them this morning n I feel I'm about to lose the lot down the toilet.

Really fighting the urge to throw up :(

Any words of wisdom or exp of this med?

Thanks in advance x

Ahhh man- too late threw the lot up in the most awful bout of vomiting.

Defo threw it up as it was within minutes! I donno if I should take another 1 or another folic acid n stuff now :(

Erghh this is just awful n getting worse! I thought I might have escaped this sickness this time

I've not told family yet n wanted to wait another 6 weeks but think I might have to spill the beans which I'm really cross about!

I have a trip to Wales from London (about a 7 hour drive including 1 rest stop) n I'm the driver, I just don't think I can do it n my daughter n niece n nephew will be so let down :-/

Erghh soz for moaning I just feel crappy n can't see the light at the end of the tunnel

I took cyclizine (injections first then pills) and it helped with the sickness but not the nausea. I don't remember exactly how long it took to work but I think the injections worked quicker than the pills but they reduced my vomiting from 8-10 times a day to 2-3 times a day :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Oops I posted at the same time as u.
Sorry ur feeling so ill :( any time I threw up a cyclize pill I didn't take another one until the next day just in case x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I've been prescribed metroclopromide, took first one at 6 and have managed to keep everything down so far.... Well a pack of crisps and a glass of water.

I'm dizzy and my vision is so blurred because I haven't been able to keep anything down so dehydrated. Definitely think twice about that long drive.

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks ladies.

I've just eaten roast potatos (they're my thing ATM that I can tolerate) so fingers crossed they stay down! Think ill take another folic acid n leave the pills alone until tomorrow

Oh the joys of tri 1 eh!

Last edited:
Im on them hun, and they really help me. Been on them about 3/4wks now. As soon as i stop taking them the sickness cums back. Ive managed to get it down to 1 in morn(was on 3 a day)and 1 in eve if needed. Still suffer with feeling a bit sick but dont often throw up, altho i have just thrown my tea up so mayb i shudnt speak to soon lol. So worried as the doc said i need to be off them by 16wks eeeeekkkkkk!!!

Michelle. x

Im on them hun, and they really help me. Been on them about 3/4wks now. As soon as i stop taking them the sickness cums back. Ive managed to get it down to 1 in morn(was on 3 a day)and 1 in eve if needed. Still suffer with feeling a bit sick but dont often throw up, altho i have just thrown my tea up so mayb i shudnt speak to soon lol. So worried as the doc said i need to be off them by 16wks eeeeekkkkkk!!!

Michelle. x

Aww glad they're working for you. Think ill take one first thing in morning n leave some crackers by the bed to eat before I get up (I've read that advice a lot lol)

I wonder why you have to be off them by 16 weeks :-/

I was sick throughout my whole last pregnancy n didn't seek any help, if this continues beyond 16 weeks ill be screaming for help lol

Here's to a better day tomorrow x

Cyclizine is generally good if you can keep them down. The best antiemetic is ondansetron but usually given as last choice as expensive. Metaclopramide shouldn't be given to young women of childbearing age due to the side effects. A good alternative is stemetil in the form of buccastem 3mg that can go under the tongue to dissolve so no chance of vomiting it back up.

I've got Prochloperazine and I've found aslong as I take regular they are helping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back