Cycle day 6. Ovulation test.

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Today I am on cycle day 6. I'm still slightly spotting. I decided to buy some Ovulation tests and they came this morning. I tested around 11:50. And I think I see a very faint line?

This is the first time I've used them. But does this mean I should ovulate within a week or so? Obviously I will keep testing.

We've been trying for 6 months now. I'm wondering whether I ovulate earlier then the norm of 14 days. What are people's thoughts?

Thanks xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi slb, I seem to get a line on the tests all the way through my cycle and they get darker and darker towards ov so keep taking them at the same time/under same circumstances each day until you get a very pink line (the same as the control) and that's your peak, you should then ov something like 12-24 hours later (maybe slightly longer, sorry, I cant remember that bit) xx

Hi slb, I seem to get a line on the tests all the way through my cycle and they get darker and darker towards ov so keep taking them at the same time/under same circumstances each day until you get a very pink line (the same as the control) and that's your peak, you should then ov something like 12-24 hours later (maybe slightly longer, sorry, I cant remember that bit) xx

No, thank you! It's very helpful! I was wondering if some people had faint lines all the way through.

Any thoughts on the control line? It looks very pale to me? It's just a cheap one step one off Ebay. But the line seems to be darker on other people's tests?

As soon as that line gets reasonably dark not just a strong positive I will get BD'ing lol

Thanks again! xx

The control does look slightly pale but its there so I think it has worked ok. Good luck, I've got everything crossed for you. I'm on CD7 so just 1 in front, let's hope we can be bump buddies xx

Thanks.

I didn't really hold my urine for the first 1. I left it 1 1/2. So I've took another one at 3pm to check because I was unsure of the control line as well. There's two lines on both tests. The 3pm is at the top of the picture. So I think it's just my tests.

Ooh.. Let's hope so hun!! Good luck!! Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 7
Another picture xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
So how ovulation tests work is not the same as pregnancy tests :)

to be positive the test line has to be the same color OR DARKER than the control line! all the way up to there it's negative ... if the test line is quite strong but not as dark as the control line though, you are likely close to ovulating

most women ovulate around cd14 .. i ovulate cd18-20 most of the time :) I would start testing at cd10 if you have no idea and keep testing out the cycle :) 1 every day until it gets darker then you test 2xx a day =) best to hold pee 2 hours before testing, limit fluids in the meantime and test between 13-19 o clock :) not fmu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back