Cycle confusion

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Hi All....trying to work out my cycles and trying to double check I hit my fertile window.

I started using opks last month and thus is weird, can't stop analysing it -

The month before (Nov) had a 28 day cycle - was expecting similar as I got a positive peak on CB digi and some cm on cd12...expecting a textbook cd14 ovulation. But I ended up with a 31 day cycle. Could it be I ovulated later??? I was on a long haul flight on cd14 - could this delay ovulation? Or could this have been a chemical? Had faint lines on a test but thought it was evap line because got a neg with digi test. Dtd cd11,12,13 - not 14 due to flight.

This month I got a peak CB digi (confirmed with normal opk) on cd14. Expecting o between cd14,15 latest 16. But yesterday got some small ewcm on cd17.

When do you think I ovulated?

Should I expect a 30-31 day cycle?

Dtd on cd 8,10, 11,12,14,16,17 - so potentially missed an o day or hit one and/or day before depending on when o happened. Have I done enough to possibly get pregnant?

I'm confused...and obsessed!

Hey!
You could have ovulated later. The first cycle of you got a +OPK on the 12th day you may nt have actually ovulated until the 15th or even late. Most people ovulate between 12-72 hours after a +OPK. But you may be out of the norm and ovulate a little later.

Same again this month. 72 hours after your +OPK would make it cycle day 17? So the Ewcm would be right.

The only way you will know is if you temp. As you will be able to see when you actually ovulated. Good luck xx

Sorry I forgot to say..

Yes your still in. I've heard that BD 2 days before is actually better then on the day as sperm will be waiting for the egg. Good luck again xx

Thanks so much, that's what I thought but I wanted to see if others agreed or if I was mad!

It would make sense - as that would mean I ended up with very little chance last month if I o on cd17.

Hopeful for this month. I hope we all get bfp soon - everyone on this forum is so nice and supportive

Your welcome :) I agree! I love this site :) It's one of the only places you can ask anything and not get judged. Yes last month you wouldn't have had a very good chance. This month you are definitely in!

I ovulated cycle day 16 this month. Last month I wasn't sure but ended up with a 34 day cycle. OPKs are great but confusing lol

Good luck to you too! Xx

Yes, they sort of give you a guide, but sort of not!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back