Cycle after IVF

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by Violet, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Violet

Violet Well-Known Member

Hi girls

Can you tell me your experiences after a failed IVF? Like how did yr AF go and what length was yr cycle and that?

My AF seemed very short considering the nurse told me to expect worse than normal AF. Then I was getting lots of ewcm a day or so after AF finished which I wouldn't expect until a week later normally.

2. phonixgirl

phonixgirl Well-Known Member

The AF straight after the cycle was normal from what I remember. My problem was the cycle after that as it was short and I had spotting for ages before af - 9 days I think! That was following my fresh cycle in Nov 2015, might be worth going into the thread from that year and/or my journal for more details. Xx

3. Violet

Violet Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this cycle is gonna be short. Need to start doing some ov tests I guess. Ah that can't have been nice hon :(

4. tinselcat

tinselcat Well-Known Member

My first ivf cycle really changed my period. I'd had a miscarriage about a year before and ever since then my periods had been super light. Once I'd done ivf they immediately returned much heavier, like they used to be (annoyingly)! So if yours is different in some way I wouldn't find that a surprise xx