Cut off point for travelling (road and rail)

FirstTimeMa

Reaction score
Hi all, I was just chatting to a colleague and she asked me when my ‘cut off point for travelling’ is (ie in the UK – not flying). I’m going to be working until 37 weeks and from time to time I have to travel fairly long distances to and from meetings (eg – 3 hours one way in the car, or 4 hours one way by train). My midwife/doctor hasn’t mentioned anything about this to me (I’m 30 weeks at the moment – haven’t had any complications) but is this something I need to think about? I was just going to carry on as business as usual! x

I will be carrying on as well!! I need to get places....if I go into labour, given that we live in a first world country with a nationwide NHS I am sure someone somewhere will look after me! :lol:

I think it's up to you, but after 36/37 weeks it's sensible to carry your pregnancy notes and hospital bag with you I guess. We're away this weekend and the next so I'm taking the car seat and hospital bag 'just in case'. You may also not feel much like travelling too far, as it can get prettty uncomfortable.
x

I think it's up to you, but after 36/37 weeks it's sensible to carry your pregnancy notes and hospital bag with you I guess. We're away this weekend and the next so I'm taking the car seat and hospital bag 'just in case'. You may also not feel much like travelling too far, as it can get prettty uncomfortable.
x

Agree with this if you are going any significant distance in the last few weeks.

If you feel comfortable then you should be ok but like the others have suggested I'd carry your notes with u! They are some looong distances though!! Xx

Thanks everyone - thought I better check in case not travelling anywhere was something that pregnant women were supposed to do (I'm new to all this!!). I'll try to avoid the meetings that are furthest away (gives me a good excuse at least..!) and make sure I've got my notes with me just in case! x

As everyone else said, bring a "just in case" bag!! I'd recommend always having your notes on you though if your travelling those kind of distances, they're only small and are very useful if anything were to happen at any stage xx

I am doing my last long trip tomorrow which will consist of a 300 mile round trip. I work in construction so am a bit limited to what I can now do on site plus I find the bucket seats in the car uncomfortable on long runs

Yeah, just to reiterate, take your notes with you whereever you go - at the moment I carry them when I am away from camps and expeditions (last one next week) but when I get to around 36 weeks I'll probably take them to work with me too, just in case! lol

I don;t think there is a limit though. as Gemsy said, we have hospitals all over the country, so meh, worst case scenario, you wont have baby in your 'home' hospital!

Just take your notes and be careful in the last few weeks from 37 onwards as you really could have baby at any time. I put hospital bag in car so I always had it with me and the past few weeks iv not risked it and found driving uncomfy. Some insurers do limit you so double check with yours post 37 weeks there are no clauses. (Car) ther is Jo legal limits tho for either. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back