"cuddles"!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
I'm sorry if anyone thinks this is too personal to answer but i haven't got a clue.

When is the best time to start intercourse again after having a baby?
I must admit i have been really horny the last few days :oops: (sorry) but obviously i haven't been in the mood to actually go ahead with it. I can't remember when it was with Amy.
My friend did it just 2 weeks after but i don't think i would like to try it, it surely won't feel the same down there for the men after only 2 weeks?!

Anyway, don't mean to be personal but when have people started or when have people been advised to leave it till?

Hello

Well ive had a c-section but was also wondering the same thing even though my bits are fine!! Its my OH s birthday on the 8th so i was curious.
They say youcant even vacuum after a c-section until your all healed, so im assuming cuddles are out of the question :?
I hope soemone can answer this for us.
Sorry i wasnt any help.
Katrina :D

I had c-section and had "cuddles" about 2/3weeks later! as long as you dont go over the top (no pun intended :wink: ) you will be fine!!

LOL Yvonne i was horney as hell too!!! ive gone back on the pill now and have no sex drive at all!!!!

I can remember having that horny feeling Yvonne, and not feeling like I wanted to do anything about it because my bits would feel 'wrong' to OH because I had been cut during labour and had stitches. After about 3 weeks I voiced my thoughts to the HV, and she reminded me that there are many other enjoyable things to do without full intercourse. I mentioned it to OH who was obviously more than happy to oblige :shock: , and it was a real release!! (Sorry!! :oops: )

It managed to 'keep us both going' until after I felt I had healed enough to do the full deed. And that didn't happen until at least 8 weeks after she was born.

At my antenatal classes the lady said if it's a natural birth, 'some people say you should wait until you see the health visitor at 6 weeks, some people say you should wait until you get home!' So I got the impression that it's a personal thing and will depend on how you feel about it, what kind of birth it was, etc.

Things have been pretty quiet for my partner and I on that front, so I'm hoping it won't be too long after the birth that we're ready to resume that side of our relationship! I miss it, but I don't really feel very sexy and don't have the energy!

I really want to aswell, but im still bleeding a bit :(

as soon as i stop tho i will be giving it ago :D

Hello

Thanks for the reply steph, although i am still lightly bleeding i will have to wait a little longer, umm i guess when i do i have to be a good girl then :wink: lol
Good luck to everyone else.
Katrina

Well obviously with the problems i am having at the mo and the op tomorrow i won't feel like it after that either as they will be messing alot and probably have to cut me.

I am glad there is no set time people have been told, my health visitor today told me the check up is now at 8 weeks, it was 6 weeks with Amy, but anyway i can't do anything about contreception til i have seen them as i want something more than the pill, but i am scared they will think i am a sex mad maniac if i go earlier!! Lol

I to am still bleeding (although some people don't bother about that) so i wouldn't imagine there isn't much more i can do that won't cause a mess! sorry :oops:

I did it just before Ella was 5 weeks - was too scared before then because I didn't know what it would feel like (was fine btw!)

Now though I think DH thinks its green lights for things to properly resume, but I am just too tired! Have told him it will have to be a Sunday afternoon thing until I've got more energy in the evening when she's asleep (and in a different room!).

My doc, health visitor and most books advise 4-6 weeks after a c-section, I've been too tired as well, but a bit horny too :oops:

HOWEVER - they don't say anything about "other" forms of intimacy... :twisted:

Sue

i was told to wait 6 weeks after section, as the vigarous moving about (lol) cud damage your wound or it could split open, and i know what they feels like, so i wouldnt risk it, as for normal deleivery i think if u use a condom its ok when u feel ok as your protected from germs, but to do it with a open wound so to speak (where the placenta has come away) can cause an infection if you dont use a condom

I still havent done it. At the end of my pregnancy we tried to do it because I was 10 days late and when I (you know what) My tummy contracted and it felt horrible so since I had Isaac I've been a bit anxious about it.

Luckily I've got an understanding other half so I'm going to wait till I've been for my check up and get the pill before we attempt it. I would crack up if I fell pregnant again so soon.

Lou :)

Amy's mum said:
When is the best time to start intercourse again after having a baby?

Now that's something I can't imagine I will EVER want to do again!!

oh poor mick, he might aswell join a monistry!!! Lol

Could you imagine him as a monk!! Lol He's gonna hate me for saying that!

rosieroo said:
Now though I think DH thinks its green lights for things to properly resume, but I am just too tired!

I had the same horny feelings after Damien (strange isn't it - I thought it would be the last thing on my mind!). It was our anniversary when we tried it again and Damien was about 3 weeks old. Since then I am just too tired. :roll:

I had a vaginal birth, no tearing and was advised to wait until after my 6 week checkup, birth control is usually discussed then too. My bleeding wasn't completely finished until 5 weeks PP anyway.

Sex still really hurts me, it feels like I'm bruised badly inside.

I didn't mind at first cos I totally lost my sex drive after I had Reece and didn't imagine I'd ever want sex again but last week I actually got it back! :D

But it's very uncomfortable so I'll prob still only be able to have it once a month or summat. :cry:

Was anyone else like this?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back