Csection?

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain after a c section? & how hard is it to sleep etc?

It's all relative to each individual and how you personally cope with pain. As for sleep, the section doesn't disrupt sleep ..... the baby does!

Last edited:
For me after my 1st section which was an emergency I wasn't to sore, I stayed on top of my medication and ensures I didn't feel the pain tbh. And found sleep fine my other half helped a good bit with feeding. But the getting up n down was OK.

As for my second. It was somewhat planned ( I tried vbac went 10 days over no sign of my labour progressing, I had been in slow labour for 2 weeks prior and water's trickling. But after 10 days over n no progression I was sectioned). I was quite sore after the 2nd, the medication for some reason didn't help, I had really really really bad trapped wind. OMG it was worse than contractions. As for sleeping it was horrible, but this time my little one took too breastfeeding and so I was doing all the feeds and getting up into the position several times a night was awful .

I hope what I've said helps, and doesn't scare u I honestly am just telling the truth.

Also tbh everyone's different, everyone responds differently xx

The pain from my emergency c section wasn't too bad due to the pain killers. All the pulling when you move meant I felt the need to do everything slow. Although it was managable it took me a long time to feel back to normal. Also I had trouble pain from wind also. Once out of hospital sleeping was ok as I was so tired. Im pregnant with second baby and may need another c section.

I had an emergency csec with my daughter after a 37hr labour and getting stuck at 8cm. I lost a lot of blood and so they had to be quite rough with me once she was out to stop the bleeding. I was sent home with just paracetamol and was in agony. The worst thing was trying to get up after laying down! It def gets easier the more you move, but personally I would never choose to have a csec after my experience. I'm hoping for a vbac this time round as I want to be able to drive and also pick up my two year old x

My section was planned, which I've heard is easier to recover from than a emergency. I just kept up with the pain relief and I was fine. I slept on my back for the first couple of weeks which I hated but I was terrified of sleeping on my side incase I popped a stitch. Which I'm sure I wouldn't have, I was just a bit freaked out about it haha!

I was out of hospital the next day and out and about with the pram when he was 3 days old.

As everyone has said though, everyone is different.

Are you having a planned section? Xx

First time round it was fine but thats because we had to stay in hospital for a week so I was wheeled to nicu etc and took my time walking.
Second time round I was discharged in less than 24 hours and had a 21 month at home and generally found the recovery more painful and I think thats down to not having rested properly fornthe first few days. I had my mum and husband helping me constantly but it still wasnt the same as being in a hospital bed.
My advice would be stay in as long as possible and take all the help offered to you.

As for sleep, i could've slept for days had it not been for expressing around the clock first time and second time I had a very wakeful newborn.

My mw is trying to talk me into having a planned section. I have a 3 year old at home and a good few flights of stairs to climb to get into my house. That's what worries me the most x

Why is she trying to talk you into it?

I had an emergency section first time and same as the others keeping on top of the pain meds I felt OK and by about 4 weeks I was able to do most things without a problem.

Second time around I had a vbac, I didn't want too through the recovery time with a 2 year old in the house.

I had am emergency section first time around and it wasn't a bad experience at all. I didn't feel much pain at all. It was uncomfortable to sleep the first few nights but tbh your so tired from baby that it doesn't make much difference. Main thing I found was to be careful getting out of bed and husband helped changing baby in the night so I want constantly getting up. I am going to try for a vbac this time as I don't fancy a 2, nearly 3 yo jumping on me during recovery, but I am not dreading the thought of a section at all if need be. Xxx

Bcoz my last baby got stuck and she said its likely to b the same this time round also xx

I had an emergency c sec on Saturday, suddenly got an infection and they wanted her out. They told me to expect some tugging during but I felt nothing!!
I am sore now, takes me a while to stand up etc but I'm trying to do it more often so that I don't completely seize up!!sleeping is fine but I'm still in hospital and will be for a few days so I've got an adjustable bed! x

my first c section was fine I was a bit sore for the first week but the medication helped loads and felt fine after week 2. my second was awful I couldn't really do anything for about 5 weeks took ages to recover and the medication didn't do much. I was quite miserable :( want to try for a vbac this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back