Crystals in nappies

Lucyboo

Reaction score
Today I changed my LG while we were out and she had little clear crystals all over herself inside her nappy. I'm assuming this came from the nappy, Aldi size 5's. Just wondered how common this is as from what I've googled people are saying it shouldn't happen. x

This has happened to us a few times I think with Asda nappies. We use Boots nappies now and haven't had this problem. Don't think it's harmful, it's just the beads that absorb the urine xx

It is the beads that hold in the wee. They aren't meant to leak out but we have had it happen when our toddler's nappy is very wet. Only with Pampers iirc. We did a nappy trial when she was a baby and it was one of the things we had to report on so they could perfect their design.

Glad it's not just me, thanks for replying. Course when I spotted it I went into panic mode x

It's silica gel crystals.

Last edited:
We have had this happen with tesco and pampers nappies, but only when they are super wet. Has never caused any harm, they are just a nightmare to try and clean off skin/carpet/clothes haha!x

Happened to me with pampers and boots own when theyre really wet

Has happened to us a few times. We use aldi and pampers.

I've experienced it with all brands so far that got them in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back