Crying meltdown 37 weeks

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
I have felt so emotional the last week or so. I am an emotional person generally so I show my emotions and cry easily but how I felt the last week is different.

Yesterday I was so sensitive and took it all out on DH. Ended up screaming and crying for most of the evening.. Like I couldn't control my body. There was in reality no reason for it either since DH didn't do anything bad ( poor thing ).

I am not depressed or don't feel very anxious and most of the time I feel very happy and looking forward to baby so much. Not nervous about labor either for some reason. Is it normal to have this happening? Just concerned this could have harmed my little baby. xx

Ahh Maria, hormones in pregnancy are really horrid, I have days where I sit and cry and can't tell anyone why it happens, it is really not nice! I think it is normal to feel like this, and it is crap feeling so alien to your usual self when pregnant. You won't have done any harm to baby though don't you worry, just try and relax as much as you can for these last few weeks because your world is about to be tipped upside down with a new baby. It is easier said than done I know!

Try taking nice candle lit baths, burn some incense and chill out a few times a week, pop a face mask on or anything like that to just take time out to relax.

As soon as I go on maternity leave I plan on doing all these things frequently, the calmer and more relaxed you are the less likely you will feel like this I reckon xxx

Ahh Maria, hormones in pregnancy are really horrid, I have days where I sit and cry and can't tell anyone why it happens, it is really not nice! I think it is normal to feel like this, and it is crap feeling so alien to your usual self when pregnant. You won't have done any harm to baby though don't you worry, just try and relax as much as you can for these last few weeks because your world is about to be tipped upside down with a new baby. It is easier said than done I know!

Try taking nice candle lit baths, burn some incense and chill out a few times a week, pop a face mask on or anything like that to just take time out to relax.

As soon as I go on maternity leave I plan on doing all these things frequently, the calmer and more relaxed you are the less likely you will feel like this I reckon xxx

Thanks so much! Reading your reply almost put me to tears again haha :) I need to sort myself out!

The reason why I got a little worried was because I read somewhere that crying/stressing in pregnancy can cause a certain hormone to raise that goes to the baby.. But perhaps that's just scaremongering? I have cried a lot in this pregnancy and had a few breakdowns. Just hope my baby cant feel a thing

xx

I know how you feel ... I was like this the other week! ... And it was all do do with a jar of bloody coffee :)
Literally once I started crying I just could not stop, and it went on for ages.

At this stage hormones are all over the place.

Don't beat yourself up over it xx

I know I'm so excited now it's getting so close :)

You'll be in that labour ward before you know it eeek xx

I'm the same hun, I'm due tomorrow and have been crying for no reason over the weekend!! Feel really down. It's only got worse as well....cried for about a week after I had my son. Xxx

Thanks ladies! Feeling normal today :) Asked mw on my appointment today and she said normal and also it wont have any effect on baby at all. Only if you cry and stress every day/every minute it might be concerning. xx

I think that's most about stress. Don't worry:) and it's normal to cry without reason . Your normal emotions will return some time after birth.

The tears have hit me today! Started crying when I saw the midwife, so embarrassing! Then basically every conversation I've had since I've ended up crying �� Can't help it! I think it's just hormonal xxx

God this post has made me feel better...I'm feeling exactly the same, very tearful and down all the time which is so unlike me- and absolutely everything is getting on top of me. It's really difficult.

Maria I wouldn't worry I had a really stressful pregnancy with my 2nd child due to issues in work and cried and stressed a LOT. She wasn't affected at all and was the most happy and relaxed of all of my babies. Still is aged 10!! You'll be ok.
Big hugs to everyone feeling the same - it's hard going. We're nearly there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back