Crying in pain

Twill

Reaction score
My grand daughter is 5months old but 7weeks prem. She has done well since coming out of nicu except for having cramps in her stomach and reflux which she is on rinitadine. For the past week she has spates of extreme crying upto 3 hours sometimes, she wriggles her whole body and seems like she is in pain. Mum has taken her to the docs and they just say she is fine. Mum is very upset as she feels nobody is listening to her and that she is making it up as she is quite young with no experience. I have seen the episodes I feel there is something causing her to be so distressed. We gave her gripe water it helped a little but didn't solve the problem. Has anybody else experienced these symptoms and what would you do in our sitiuation. Any suggestions would be gratefully received .

I don't know a great deal about it but possibly she has an allergy? Cows milk protein perhaps? I believe it can have other symptoms like unpleasant nappies/rashes. I hope she's doing better very soon.

My son was like that turned out he had a cow milk protein allergy he used to cry so high pitched even a midwife was in tears one day when I went to find help I was at the end of my patience with it then my health visitor suggested starting him on special formula and he was like a different child, it may not be what is causing it for your grandchild but just sounded all too simila

You could also pay to bring her to a private appointment you might find they have a bit more time and patience to look into this for you

I have thought about milk allergy but as she is on special prem milk from the doctors and they don't have any alternative. They did try her on drops but it was useless as you had to put them in the milk 30 mins before feed, we'll try and pacify a hungry baby ��. I will definitely speak to my daughter to see if she can cha nee her milk. The problem is thou she is 5 and abit months weighing only 12pounds, so the milk she is on is high fat to put weight on.
Thank you

Sorry can I ask what was the name of the special formula milk your baby had please

It was called nutramigen there are other types too I think they could probably give a supplement to try and add weight it's worth looking into and asking them I do feel for you I cried every day watching him as soon as he was on nutramigen a day he stopped crying,it was such a relief I hope you find the cause of the problem whatever it is

I am really grateful for your reply, I will give this information to my daughter. Fingers crossed

I wonder if she is lactose intolerant! My little girl went for weeks hardly eating and being so upset. She would have a few ounces and then scream for hours. She didn't gain weight and dropped 2 centile lines in her red book. It went on for 6 weeks where she would have only 10 to 14 oz a day! You have to be persistent or you do get fobbed off! I saw the doctor and health visitor every week and I demanded to see the peadiatrian. I finally got what I wanted after 6 weeks of my poor girly starving and crying! I hope things get sorted soon it's so upsetting seeing them so distressed xx

Update - it was milk protein intolerance, she is now on aptamil peptide 1 and we haven't had any episodes of extreme crying. I must say that we have seen quite a few doctors and took us parents to work it out ��. Thank you for your help and support.

So pleased you got some answers and poor baby can finally have some ease, I know when my son stopped screaming I could have cried with relief it was so awful seeing him in pain like that, health and happiness to your family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back