Crying in bed!

LouiseH

Reaction score
In so much pain, I'm jusy lay here weeping :(

I can't turn, move, get comfy, etc.
The SPD is at its very worst, and now I just can't do anything. It doesn't matter how I position the pillows, or if I use one between my legs or under my bum! Nothing :'( When I do eventually fall asleep its for 20/30mins max, then I'm awake in agony and physically cany turn/roll myself over.. :shock: I duno what to do any more! I'm at my wits end, I'm so drained and sleepy.
I don't wana keep waking my OH, just to 'roll me' as he has work the next day. Its even the same on the sofa, infact its worse trying t get comfy on the sofa.

I can't even open my legs, so how am I meant to position myself for labour?

Omg man! This is so bad/painful! :shock:

Oh hun I don't know what to say but just want to send you hugs, it sounds bloody awful! I don't know much about spd but things that help me when I'm uncomfy are a hot water bottle, any kind of heat really as it helps me relax and actually fall asleep (just means I wake up in agony). I would say if you need to wake oh to roll you over then do it. Don't lie there suffering. He would rather you did that than lying crying in agony. He can always fall back asleep. Hope you find some comfort huni xxx

My midwife said water birth is best for spd, but only if you can get in and out of the pool!!
Try and do it on hands and knees if at all possible, lying on your back will be the worst position.
Just think you'll have your baby soon and this pain will be over. Seems so unfair how much harder pregnancy is for some than others. My spd is mild and yet I still cry sometimes as it hurts and I feel useless! Dreading getting bigger.
Fx for a super quick labour hun.
You can do this.
xxxx

I feel worse this morning..
My poor OH had to get me outa bed 3 times last night. And he's fucked for work this morning. I feel awful knowing he's doing physically demanding things all day :( He helped me up again this morning and its took me 15mins sitting on the edge of the bed trying to work out how to get back in cause I couldn't lift my legs. And now I'm back in, I've realised that if I need a wee I'm stuck again :'( And OH has went to work.
I'm meant to be at hospital for a trace at some point today and I've got no idea how I'm guna get there.

I feel so pathetic sat crying, but I've never felt pain like it. Its worse today then ever before! And I keep thinking 'Your just pregnant, millions of woman do it, what's wrong with you?' I'm so pathetic and useless!! xx

Only consolation is you're nearing your due date so hopefully the pain won't be around much longer!!
I have only had it mildly recently and I find that bad enough so I really don't blame you for crying!
And definitely don't compare yourself to every other pregnant woman, everyone's different and a lot won't be suffering as badly with SPD xx

Firstly you are not pathetic or useless!! I am lucky and have not suffered with spd but from what I have heard it is horrendous! I know you have been to hospital before Louise but perhaps you should discuss it again when you go for your trace today to see if there is anything they can do to help, your going to need all the energy you can get for labour and when baby arrives so not sleeping is no good. I know it's completely different but I have suffered with sciatica and find sitting on a gym ball or laying on the floor really helps.

Sending you a big hug keep your chin up not long to go now xxxx

Thanks ladies!
I'm sat in the waiting room as we speak! Guna try and request another sweep today, but had one one Thursday just gone so duno if they'll do another one so soon! But I hope they do :(
Not sure if there's much else they can do but I'm defo guna be asking. Trying to hold back the tears while I'm sat but the odd few keep escaping and I'm getting strange looks haha. But sod them its agony!

I try so hard to not moan & winge at home, cause I don't wana keep doing peoples heads in. But I'm probs doing all your heads in too lol. So I'm very sorry if I am x

I did exactly the same as you yesterday! I just lay in bed crying hysterically, I have been suffering with SPD too and the past 3 weeks have just been unbearable - especially having my 2 year old to run around after too & my husbands family have all been away so I've had no help. 4 days over due now and I'm so so done - just seems so unfair!! Really hope sweep works for you xxx

You poor thing! I wish I had some useful advice for you. Still, you are very very nearly there! x

Had my sweep.. Was the MW that gave me my first one (this is now my 3rd) and it hurt so much! She has bloody huge hands :( x

Eurgh to giant handed mw!! Let's hope it does the trick hun! Xx

I really feel for you Louise- spd can be extremely painful. I hope your sweep works for you and you will soon be pain free with your gorgeous little bubba in your arms. Have you got a gym ball, cos I find that the most comfortable place to sit when my spd is playing up and is much easier to get up from than the sofa. Night times are most definitely the worse though and I also struggle to lift my legs to get into bed and to put my knickers, trousers on etc :-( xx

Na I haven't got a gym ball :( With me being a lartger lady I'm scared to get one incase it bursts lmao,!!! X

Don't be silly, they're strong! Get one! Worth a try.

I was scared of that as I'm quite heavy but it's been fine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back