Crying - I live in Texas and I just got bit by a mosquito. (Zika????!!)

BerryBaby

Reaction score
Oh my God. I am going through so much to get pregnant and I can't believe I took the risk I did going out on my porch in a robe. But the morning was beautiful. It was raining and I didn't think the mosquitoes would be out flying in the rain. I just thought I would see the mosquito before it bit me or something but I didn't.

I just sat on my dining room floor with a needle, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, and a drinking straw. I poked the needle through the bite, rubbed with with the hydrogen peroxide and alcohol, and sucked at it with a straw until a little blood came out. Trying to suck out any zika blood I guess. It was all I could think of to do.

I don't know how many more bites I might have. This is awful.

I didnt want to read and run but I dont have much advice to offer- is it possible to call a doctor to ask if there is anything else which can be done at the moment? I hope you are ok and TTC remains unaffected

I went out in a thick, ankle-length robe and the damn thing bit me on the ankle. The one bare spot of skin not covered. :(

I don't think every mosquito is infected. Can you go to docs and get tested? x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I know, that's what I keep telling myself. The odds are slim that it's a zika mosquito. I'll keep a close eye for any symptoms and if there's doubt go to the doctor for testing.

I don't think every mosquito is infected. Can you go to docs and get tested? x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back