Cry when I leave the room!

Claire123

Reaction score
Does anyone elses lo cry when they are left in a room themselves? Eilidh is almost 6months and has been doing it a few weeks now and its getting worse! She can be playing away herself happily but as soon as shes left by herself she cries :( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's part of a leap and them leaning things permanence and also they leant how to appreciate distance. Suddenly they realize that mummy can leave them behind.
Weird but its progress for them.
Loads of peekaboo games and it will get better.
It lasted around 2 weeks for us with major meltdowns and then got gradually better.
During those 2 weeks I had a sling around and carry her all over with me besides the bathroom when I was leaving all doors open and I was talking to her while I was in the bathroom.

So stressful it is but it will get better

My lo started this a little while ago. I just left her to cry as I knew there was nothing wrong with her because she stopped as soon as I came back, and now she doesn't do it any more. It's hard but it's perseverence. Xx

I have noticed Jackson can only sit himself for so long now, we're as when he was younger he didn't bother if I left the room. Same as when he's awake he used to lie in his cot playing for ages now he wants up and in the living room to play lol and constantly wants my attention and spoken to. He's almost 6m aswell but usually it's not bad if he can hear me.

Interesting hope I never knew it was part of a leap, it crossed my mind but I thought it was just Jackson all of a sudden being clingy lol. Hopefully it dies down, I've never felt so busy since he was born because he's always shouting or for me. He doesn't cry but gets all upset and fake coughs and everything lolol xxxx

This lasted a couple of months for us. I just made sure I constantly spoke to him and played peek-a-boo, then gradually stayed out of the room for longer periods. He's generally okay now, but he can get upset sometimes when I walk away from him or he's not getting 100% of my attention. He only does it to me though, he couldn't care less if his daddy leaves the room! Mummy's boy haha xx

Thanks hope...I did wonder if it was part of a leap. Looks like we will just have to ride it out. At the moment it feels like she constantly needs my attention which is so tiring! She can be totally engrossed in what shes doing but the second I dare to move she spots me haha! Shes not been sleeping great the last few weeks either so guess thats part of the leap too. I wasn't even this tired when she was newborn, heres hoping things improve soon.

If I remember correctly, theres just one day between eilidh and Jackson? She was born 10th jan.

X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Jackson is 9th. Prob is a leap Hun, Jackson has gotten up through the night for the first time since he was 8w. Not too early but the last couple nights he's woke at 5am although thankfully fed and back down.

Hope they grow out of it, i said the same I was no were near this tired even when he was born lol.

So demanding aren't they?

Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back