CrossFit and pregnancy (Fit moms)

Kitana

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've only just started TTC, but I was wondering about athletic moms to be. Did you have to scale your work outs? Is it safe to continue exercising on a high level while pregnant?

Xxx

I would speak to your dr but from what im aware you can keep doing what you are doing already but if your not used to it then dont start. Your exercise may need to change as your pregnancy progresses.

I used to go to the gym every day but I definitely had to scale that down. But each person is different. :) Your doctor will let you know what's good for you.

I'm a jazzercise Instructor and haven't felt the need to scale back yet but will take it down a notch as I get bigger. You need to listem to your body x

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my first. I did lots of scouring of the internet on this before trying. I'm continuing as usually. I just adjust my pace slightly, keeping a pace where I can maintain a conversation, so going roughly 85%. I actually won our in house comp in the scaled division (I'm better at the gymnastics than the weight lifting) the day before I got my BFP.

I just completed Angie this morning! I did tell my coached immediately, and they are still the only ones who know. We had another member continue right up to the week of birth. Your coaches will be able to help guide you with modification, but no scaling or alternatives are needed until the end of the first trimester. Then no more situps and eventually you'll have to adjust for the bump. I plan to continue right up until birth, assuming my body lets me.

There are several blogs about. I've even found another box near me who have new mum membership that provide childcare during your rehab sessions. Whilst I love my box and would continue there once 100% after birth, I may join the other box for their mum rehab classes as soon as I'm cleared after birth.

Plenty of people still doing it. I am continuing to go 4 days a week at the moment. It gives me energy. I've only been doing it for 5 months, but that is long enough to continue whilst pregnant. If I have to reduce to 3 days, I will. I'll adjust when my body tells me to. Listening to your body is the most important thing. There is one crossfit mum who said she had to stop in her 2nd trimester because her body just wouldn't allow her to continue, and this was after continuing with crossfit throughout her previous pregnancy.

Hope this helps!

I was on a diet and exercised before my BFP and lost over 3 stone so putting weight on to me is a big deal I've been using my fitness pal obviously I'm eating more food but trying to eat the better stuff then just general crap because as people say all the time you can your pregnant but also I've stopped going to gym as when I was early on I had a bit of a scare and was in so much pain that was the point i decided to take it easy I still try walk to work depending on weather and do weights in a morning not many but just a few for my arms and legs I also try do yoga! Up to now at 18 weeks pregnant I have gained 9.5lbs I'd also like to add im only 4ft 12 so for my petite frame I hopefully haven't gone to bad

Thank you for your experiences! I'm just scared for the beginning because CrossFit can be so intense sometimes! I think that once it's a sticky bean that it will stay put. Just scared that CrossFit might interfere with the conception and implantation itself. I skipped a week this month thinking it might help better with conception.... But got a BFN anyways....

I was going 100% until I found out. Now that I know, no 1RMs and go about 85% on intensity. It's actually good for you, unless there is a medical reason you shouldn't. Women who regularly exercise through their pregnancy tend to have easier labour because they usual work all the key muscles for it and recovery time tends to be quicker. But you need to do what you're comfortable with.

I do bootcamp classes that are quite similar to crossfit. I conceived in a heavy training week so don't think it will impact TTC as long as you are eating well and allowing time for recovery.

I still take class and it helps the nausea but I don't go up to 98% of max HR - my doc advised no more than 85% which just means slowing down a little and a few more rests

I do bootcamp classes that are quite similar to crossfit. I conceived in a heavy training week so don't think it will impact TTC as long as you are eating well and allowing time for recovery.

I still take class and it helps the nausea but I don't go up to 98% of max HR - my doc advised no more than 85% which just means slowing down a little and a few more rests

Thanks Glitterbaby! I'm actually pregnant now!! I've told my coaches and they told me the same thing! In the first trimester it's still easy to follow, it gets harder in the second trimester. But I worked out some signals with the coaches when I can't follow anymore. I get out of breath much faster and I'm only 4 weeks. So weird....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back